Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby Blues?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 18, married with two kids. I love my life. But I'm having truoble with my emotions. I've been diagnosed with depression at a young age for my past. But since I had my first baby who is 16 months. I worry to much about them, and I know its not a normal worry. I feel like I'm losing control. I'm probably not making any sense :\ but I was wondering if there were young moms with baby blues and how do yall cope?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Worrying is normal and is worse with first babies:-) I have three now(my youngest almost 17 months) and with each baby I learned to relax. I have been diagnosed with postpartum depression after all my kids and before kids clinical depression. I also have social anxiety.

I'm here if you want to talk, I've been there mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_tonkin
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I really appreciate it :) I know its normal enough to worry about them. I guess its more of what i went through as a child. It does not make it easy. Id rather not say all what ive been through but it has more to do with my daughter. My son is 3 months and i do not worry the same way as i do with my baby girl.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7

Worrying is normal and is worse with first babies:-) I have three now(my youngest almost 17 months) and with each baby I learned to relax. I have been diagnosed with postpartum depression after all my kids and before kids clinical depression. I also have social anxiety.

I'm here if you want to talk, I've been there mama!

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I worry about my girls more than I do my boys, because of my past. I pushed my oldest daughter into Karate, which she hated at first, but now loves, and that helped a lot with my worries and fears for her, that she can protect herself if the need arises. I also worry a lot that she will be like her father, who is the reason I have so many more worries for my girls than my boys. A support group helped me a lot, meeting other women with similar pasts that I could talk to, who had the same fears and worries, and just realizing that it is normal, and something I just have to learn to accept and deal with. If you ever want to pm me and talk, I'd be more than happy to listen, but really, try finding a support group in your area, it helps to not be alone. 

mama_tonkin
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I have felt so alone. I didn't even they had support groups. I stay home because the fact I do not trust easy. I feel like my kids will hate me because I'm so overprotective.

Quoting rosekit:

I worry about my girls more than I do my boys, because of my past. I pushed my oldest daughter into Karate, which she hated at first, but now loves, and that helped a lot with my worries and fears for her, that she can protect herself if the need arises. I also worry a lot that she will be like her father, who is the reason I have so many more worries for my girls than my boys. A support group helped me a lot, meeting other women with similar pasts that I could talk to, who had the same fears and worries, and just realizing that it is normal, and something I just have to learn to accept and deal with. If you ever want to pm me and talk, I'd be more than happy to listen, but really, try finding a support group in your area, it helps to not be alone. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN