Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Yikes....Need some advice

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son, Nash, is 7. Over the last few days he's been acting up. Not listening when Chris or I give him direction, throwing a fit when we tell him no, and last night he had a tantrum when it was time to go to bed. I know he's a kid and they like to test their limits sometimes, but he seemed to kick it up a notch after our appointment with the midwife yesterday. I'm worried he starting to show signs of jealousy towards the new baby. We're taking him to a hockey game tonight and doing whatever he wants to do tomorrow. I'm hoping that will help. Any input or advice from the other moms in here?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
twade26
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I have custody of my nephew and he was the same way when I got pregnant with my son. He is probably just scared that he is going to be pushed out or neglected when the new baby gets here. I would just keep reassuring him that you will always love him. He is going to have a lot of days like this. Try to get him involved as much as possible with whatever is going on with the baby. Tell him that he is going to be mommys little helper when the baby gets here. Maybe if you let him know that he will always have a place in your life he might cool down more. Good Luck to you.

vannahmarie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Thank you :-)

Quoting twade26:

I have custody of my nephew and he was the same way when I got pregnant with my son. He is probably just scared that he is going to be pushed out or neglected when the new baby gets here. I would just keep reassuring him that you will always love him. He is going to have a lot of days like this. Try to get him involved as much as possible with whatever is going on with the baby. Tell him that he is going to be mommys little helper when the baby gets here. Maybe if you let him know that he will always have a place in your life he might cool down more. Good Luck to you.

Shelby212302
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
My son acted the same while I was pregnant. Then right after birth my little man said "as soon as baby Rylee stops crying, we are gonna go play. We are best friends " they grow out of it eventually and get excited for baby : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN