Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Let me start by saying I'm not trying to judge or bash anyone with this post!! My question is why are so many girls planning to have babies at 15 and 16 years old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Replies (71-80):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM
;-)

Quoting Hanab818:

OK I gotta say I <3 you!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Not venting my dear. I wasn't the one being all defensive either. Your replies show your immaturity.

im·ma·ture /ˌiməˈCHoor/

Adjective

1. Not fully developed: "immature fruit".

2. (of a person or their behavior) Having emotional or intellectual development appropriate to someone younger.

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Okay, lady. Feel better venting? Yes, great. Now, I have a L&D to think about in a few weeks, not this "teen mom" B.S.

If any of you wanna quote, feel free, I won't reply.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You DONT know me dont make judgment on how my household works. we share credit in this house. my husband earns the money and i care for the kids and the house and we BOTH parent our children. my husband goes out earns the money goes to school (after serving 8 year in the marines) while i stay at home voulenteer at my church, clean the house and anticipate everyones needs before they need them . all my husband does is work school and play with the kids. i PULL my fair weight around my house. and the fact that you imply im a lazy sahm who does nothing to contribute to my house, kids, husband or society is rude and down right offencive adn SHOWS you lack of maturity.

and dont go asuming that me STATING MY OPONION is showing that im better then you. Im the best mom for my kids and im sure that you are being the best mom for yours. so get off your high hourse thinking you know everything about everything becaus guess what neither one of us do. it is my oponion that science has proven brain development. if you chose to believe other wise then do so BUT DONT YOU DARE ATTACK ME AS A MOTHER, WIFE OR PERSON.

Quoting EvanaKing:

It's so funny how you think you have all the answers. But, again I say you have no job your not supporting your kids, your husband is. You sound like you just stand around looking pretty taking all the credit. And oh, trust me I know I have ways to go in life and learning to do but that makes you or any other older mom better than me. Not saying this is what anyone has said but its definetly what is being shown. Brain development is so stupid. Nothing and no one but God knows why I think the way I do. And I think that you people are too stuck on stupid to realize that.

Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM

and this is NOT the first time you have attacked our choice for me to stay at home.

Quoting EvanaKing:

It's so funny how you think you have all the answers. But, again I say you have no job your not supporting your kids, your husband is. You sound like you just stand around looking pretty taking all the credit. And oh, trust me I know I have ways to go in life and learning to do but that makes you or any other older mom better than me. Not saying this is what anyone has said but its definetly what is being shown. Brain development is so stupid. Nothing and no one but God knows why I think the way I do. And I think that you people are too stuck on stupid to realize that.

EvanaKing
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Like I've said before, im not saying your a bad mother at all. But truth is truth. Now, im done saying what I have to say. Have a great day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

even if your truth is convoluted. I hope you have a fabulous day!

Quoting EvanaKing:

Like I've said before, im not saying your a bad mother at all. But truth is truth. Now, im done saying what I have to say. Have a great day.

littleinsect
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Idk. I didn't plan my son and I'm a bit older and my fiancée has a good job but its still not the easiest thing. I wouldn't say I wish I would have waited because then I wouldn't have my son who is my world, but I think it would have been easier if I had a few more years to grow up a bit more/ get married and have my career started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KassidieCay8912
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting areid1023:

good lord. of course you feel this way. therein lies the problem. your brain is literally not developed enough to see or understand why what you're saying is the epitome of immaturity. its far too early to even determine if you ARE an exception but if things do turn out all okey dokey for you (which i certainly hope that they do) despite the absolute disadvantage and obstacle of your age it would not be the 'standard' because its not how MOST teen parenting situations turn out. thats just a statistical fact. you dont have to be the statistic, but its immature to not acknowledge or understand why a statistical standard is the standard. 

you're 16 and think you have it all figured out. which is absolutely normal. but also the reason why 16 year olds belong at home with adult supervision to keep them from acting on that mentality. no one has it all figured out, but at 16 years old you lack the physiological capacity to even process half of the things that greatly benefit a person in a parenting position. 

i wish you and your family the very very best. i really do. 

Quoting KassidieCay8912:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

But what makes Me the exception and not the teen moms that set the bad examples? Why aren't they the "exceptions"... Do you understand what I mean? There's moms that are in there 30's that are far more unfit to raise a child than most teen moms I know. When you hear about the people that kill or hurt their own babies how often are they people that are older? I don't here about teens doing such awful things quite as often as I do older parents. It's all a matter of how you see things. Way back when people were expected to have children by the age of 14 and be married. I was ready and so was my fiance and now yes things are stressful but I couldn't be happier.

I NEVER said i had everything all figured out. You dont know me, my siuation, or how mature I am. Things are very hard and very stressful, and I already said that, but that doesnt mean that if i had waited longer to have my own family that life would be easier. I know i made the right decison and im Proud of it! You shoudnt be so quick to judge people. I Have said absolutey nothing that shows that I am immature or that i dont know how hard it is to raise a child. I do know its hard I always have known and not once have i ever expected it to be easy. Im sorry I dont follow or believe what some people see as "standard statistics", Im sorry that i dont believe that everyone should live by certain rules and expectations that society sets for everyone. Yes there are a lot of younger moms that were clearly not ready to be moms but i can say that about people of an age. Its just easier for people to point fingers at teen moms when they make a mistake and blame it on their age, rather than what the real issue is. Everyone needs to stay out of peoples business, its really starting to irritate me that people think its okay to judge everyone if they dont live by the same standards as themselves. Anyway i could go on about this forever but im going to stop here becauase im not tryng to write a book about this right now:P

midjet117
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM

yeah well ever since i was 24 all ive ever done is work and stress over the bills and the fact that theres never enough. So if I knew then what I know now, I'd definately taken more time out, gone through college, given myself a better chance at an easier life

Quoting PEEK05:

I will be 25 this summer.  I have zero desire to ever "party" lol.  I've never been that kind of person.  Not the kind of life for me! :) I've always been a homebody and like my life the way it is. 

Quoting midjet117:

I agree. Then you hit your mid to late 20's and you're like damn, i wish i had taken more time out to party and enjoy being a young adult before i settled and had kids

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Immaturity. They don't think about the reality of having a baby.

midjet117
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM

when I was at that age, i didn't think i needed it either, Its just as I was getting older i felt like i haddn't done much except for work and stress over bills. Life for me got no fun

Quoting SLMitchell:

Some of us never needed a "party phase".  Granted, I did not get pregnant in my teens, but I was pregnant at twenty-one (gave birth at twenty-two), which people seem to think of as quite young these days.

Quoting midjet117:

I agree. Then you hit your mid to late 20's and you're like damn, i wish i had taken more time out to party and enjoy being a young adult before i settled and had kids

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Immaturity. They don't think about the reality of having a baby.

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Judge if you must but:

I was 17 when I had my first. Now I'm 22, live in my own house, married, and work damn hard. I have a happy, healthy and well cared for 4 year old. But I will be the first to admit, it was not by any means easy. I would never say I wish I didn't have him, but I do wish I had waited a little longer to get my shit together. I don't miss my teenage years or feel they were robbed in any way, because I was never into going out and partying or anything like that anyway.
I recently heard a 15 yr old say her and her boyfriend of 6 months wanted to try and have a baby, I could have smacked her. I don't judge people who have kids that young, some are fantastic mothers, but I definitely suggest atleast waiting until you're done school and don't need to depend on someone else, whether it be your parents, or your boyfriend, because let's face it... men don't always stick around and there's no promise, not even a baby, that they will
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN