Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so done!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

I feel like every time I come on here I have to "prove" myself worthy of being a mother because of my young age.  Or, anywhere else for that matter.  I know who I am, I know the type of mother I am, I know my child is healthy and grwing perfectly.  I know I am a successful person, and a good person at that.  So why do I feel the need to prove myself to other people?  Maybe because a majority of people have no open mindness when it comes to teen parents and they assume things... when I ahve yet to meet/talk to someone who has been right about a single thing in my life/situation.  I do not need to prove myself to anyone, becaue I am proud o the person I am, and don't care what all these judmental people think.  

Just had to vent because I'm getting SICK of these posts/comments that are negative about teen parents (especially the ones that are made by other teen parents)... I am who I am...and nothing is wrong with who I am.

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamondblue1
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

you don't have to prove yourself to nobody but your kids and yourself. no one is paying your bills feeding you or your kids buying your clothes. nobody can live life for you except you so forget  everybody else

Shaketa123
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I agree with this

Quoting Diamondblue1:

you don't have to prove yourself to nobody but your kids and yourself. no one is paying your bills feeding you or your kids buying your clothes. nobody can live life for you except you so forget  everybody else

Shaketa123
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I think the reason why people do that is just to make your day worse I'll ignore them and honestly the ppl who have something negative to say well they are jealous like Diamondblue 1 dont prove anything to anybody but yourself and to your kids those are the most important in your life not the trolls that hate on you

steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:36 AM
How old are you??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ciaodarlings
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:43 AM
There are a lot of teen moms out there who do what they need to do to provide a good life for their child(ren). A lot don't. Same goes for adults.

Obviously you care some if you went out of your way to express how offended you are. If you really don't care then just ignore what you don't like and keep it moving. None of us are you, therefore only you know how good of a job you're doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosekit
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

You don't have to prove yourself. You sound like an awesome mom, and all that matters is that you are doing the best you can, raising your child/ren. I was a teen mom, at 15, which is younger than most even. I was the best mother I could be, and my child is now an amazing 7 year old little girl who has never wanted for anything. That does not mean I think being a teen mom is great, or that I think it's the best choice people have made. If you are doing great, you are the exception to the rule. There are quite a few awesome teen/young moms. That doesn't change the fact that most aren't any good, their children suffer, and they are the ones we hear about the most, and they are sadly the rule. It's something you are going to have to get used to. If you get upset every time someone says something negative about you being a young mom, you'll be angry all the time. Trust me, I know. 

s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Yep

Quoting Diamondblue1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by Kay on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

excuse my language ,but fuck these people... say whatever you want . at the end of the day you log out and you go back to your actual life. so if someone here doesnt like u for what u say it doesn't matter because it doesn't make the choices u make in ur life no better or worse. none of these bitches are any better off then you and no matter how much they pretend on here they know that's the truth.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I agree. People dont understand, nor do they want to that teens can actually be teen mothers. Hell, i have seen TEEN mothers or people that used to be teen mothers on here that say how bad teen mothers are. Im sorry, but i know i am a damn good mom, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. If people dont like the way that you parent or the age that you are, screw them because you KNOW what is true and what isnt. I wouldnt change a thing like most people say they would. I am happy with being a mother and wife at a young age, and it is what i chose to do with my life. Good luck to you, momma!

Diamondblue1
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Quoting remaining_me:

excuse my language ,but fuck these people... say whatever you want . at the end of the day you log out and you go back to your actual life. so if someone here doesnt like u for what u say it doesn't matter because it doesn't make the choices u make in ur life no better or worse. none of these bitches are any better off then you and no matter how much they pretend on here they know that's the truth.

i know that's right you tell em lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)