Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

:-( Maybe it's time to move on?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

I'm really hoping I'm wrong, but I think it may be time to move on.. Me and my boyfriend have been doing awesome, our baby will be born no later than this coming weekend, we are in our own place, everything is doing soo good.. but sometimes he just has these outbursts that are so unnecessary! I don't want my baby growing up around that because then that's how he is going to act. It'sjust fueled by the littlest things.. We got a new washer and dryer but they aren't set up yet so I'm a little behind on laundry, he couldn't find clean pants this morning so that started it this morning.. (I'm 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant) so i asked him to take a basket of laundry out to my car and said I would go to my mom's house today and do laundry so that he would have clean clothes.. well he was heading out the door and tried to grab a million things at once, and the laundry ended up dumping.. so he picked up the basket and threw it, and broke it. We just moved in together not too long ago, so most of the stuff we have is new.. and We don't have the money to keep replacing things.. now I have to buy a new laundry basket because he threw a fit and broke it.. A few weeks ago he broke one of the dining room chairs that my grandma gave us because he couldn't find something so he threw the chair out of his way and it hit the wall and the leg broke. I can't deal with the stress and anxiety when he throws his fits like that.. I'm just thinking to myself, great, what's he going to break next, what am I going to have to clean up next.. we've already talked about it and he acknowledges that it's a problem, but I guess he just doesn't know how to fix it or something, idk..  :-/

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg0620
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Um yea... What if the baby is crying and he gets so mad and throws your baby? Idk. That's just kind of scary...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mistweave
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My honey does that too.  He also knows if he breaks it, he's cleaning it up too though.  I leave the room if he's acting out like that and if he makes a mess, I step over it or around it and leave it there until he cleans it up.

s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Yea....no that's why me and my ex are no longer together. He had the same problem ontop of punching things, drinking, screaming and cussing.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Sounds like he needs to adjust his attitude...I would be scared for the baby to cry with how he acts without the baby born yet!

Kenzie1817
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Wow that really doesnt sound like an enviornment you should be bringing a brand new baby home to!! 

20Keller12
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:24 AM
Get the hell out. That's the type of anger that makes people shake babies. I think its safe to say that with those anger issues he will kill your child. Get out.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:30 AM
How old is he? Has he ever been violent towards you?
mommy2zbg
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Thats not really a safe enviroment to bring a baby up in.... just my opionion... I have been there. when me and my sons dad were together he would get mad and knock over chairs, once he flipped over our coffee table (2-3 times in one discussion), and he would slam our doors so hard that he would knock our stuff off the walls...He would get all up in my face and he knew what pushed my buttons...... needless to say I'm done with all that stuff!

I have to agree with the other moms on here, I would be afraid he would hurt my baby....

Hope things work out for you!!!

newmom3917
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
He's 22. No violence towards me whatsoever. I've been with him for 5 years and he's never even raised a fist towards me. He's never even in the same room as me when he gets angry like this.. whether I cause the anger, or something else does, he always walks away into another room and throws a fit. Sometimes he even leaves the house all together when he gets like this. That's how he takes out his anger I guess, but I wish he could find a way to take out his anger and be less destructive about it. I'm not scared that he's ever going to hurt me, or the baby, but he's loud, and my dog gets scared when he gets like this, so I definitely don't want my son to see him like that, I don't want him to be scared of his daddy. I don't want him to grow up in a scary environment like that.

Quoting cemcnair:

How old is he? Has he ever been violent towards you?

krystyneh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Ummm anger management!!! Those classes work really good my friend's husband had to go to the classes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)