Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

So, we're supposed to move on the 14th...

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

And I worry about my nephew. We live with my sister right now, but me and her have been fighting way too much because shes quick to judge my parenting of my Four kids, but yet thinks in her head that God made her a perfect parent (she only has one kid). But I worry because me and my husband plan to be loaded and ready to leave by 9 in the morning, but her and her fiance think they have to stay in bed all day long and hardly watch my nephew, whose 3. We're leaving at 9 in the morning because we're moving 7 hours away, and honestly since we've lived here, her son is always down stairs by 7 am and they refuse to get up with him. Every time we tell him to go get his mom or dad they'll yell at him to go away and close the door once he gets upstairs to their room. He knows how to unlock and open doors, and that is concerning to me but not to my sister. The other day I had to yell at him to shut the door because he opened the back door for no reason. She wasn't concerned at all (of course). I'm sorry but just because hes never walked out the door before doesn't mean that he won't do it. I learned that with my oldest. This situation is ridiculous. Just like she paid 4 grand for a dog that she won't even take care of, a long with having a guinnea pig who she'll leave in a dirty cage for a month or two before cleaning it and a fish that if I didn't feed it would go unfed. /= These are all parts of the reasons why we are moving amongst a big pile of other crap that goes a long with it. 

*vent post*

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Good luck with the move.  I hope your sister and her fiance step up and start being parents to that little guy.

cemcnair
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:49 AM
If he's up when you are leaving, go wake your sister up. It's not safe for him to be left unattended at that age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Well if you're awake early, why not start calling and making sure they're up in time? I know it's not quite you're responsibility but... Just to be sure?
Good luck, I hope they step up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN