Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

kind of embarrassing and definitely a TMI!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
Okay so im over my due date by a little bit and i lost my mucus plug last sunday i went in and saw my doctor a few days after and informed him of this he said it was normal and really nothing to be worried about as long as i dont wake up with spots in my vision or start bleeding or something which is all fine and good but for the last mabey 2 days iv been loseing this clearish brownish thick stringy type stuff (sorry this is my first child im not to sure what eles to call it!) I see my doc again on the 5th and he will induce me then (yay!!) But i was just wondering if any of the more experienced mothers on here could mabey shine a little light on this mystery goop? Is it just more mucus plug? Is it somthing i should call about? Should i be worried?
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Your mucous plug can be lost over days and will regrow.

Research induction before you do it too:-) A normal pregnancy can continue to 42+ weeks. Failed induction can lead to unnecessary c-section.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

It sounds like your mucus plug. My doctor told me before i went into the hospital that i would most likely have to have a csection due to how small i am and severe vaginal swelling while pregnant, but i got induced to attempt vaginal birth. I didnt dialate but 2 cm in a whole 24 hours, and i had to have a csection. I would personally would not get induced if i were you, because i have heard of a lot of people ending up with a csection that could have been avoided. I hope everything goes great for you though =)

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Sounds like all mucus plug to me! It can be lost over several days.  I was induced at 40+6 and it went great.  I had cervadil and didn't have to get pitocin.  I had a vaginal delivery. :)

skylarkdancer
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Could be what they call a bloody show, look that up, it will give u more info
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kenzie1817
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I would definitely say its your mucus plug. I wouldn't be worried at all(: However like some of the other ladies said, I would avoid induction if you can...your body knows what to do and will do it when its ready.

kalebsmomma132
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

sounds like you should be good, if you were having pain or like your dr said blurry splochy bleeding then that would be worrysome. congrates on the little one!!

Tiff_R_92
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I know you're looking for advice on what that is, but don'tlisten to anyone's horror stories about induction or labor in general. It'll just stress you out.
EvanaKing
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Your mucus plug doesnt regrow. You just didnt loose it all as you thought you did. Nothing to be worried about, that baby is comming in a matter of days sweetie. Good luck and im happy for you!
cemcnair
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Yes, your mucous plug does regenerate. Generally not this far into a pregnancy, but it does. It also comes out for some people in stages.

Quoting EvanaKing:

Your mucus plug doesnt regrow. You just didnt loose it all as you thought you did. Nothing to be worried about, that baby is comming in a matter of days sweetie. Good luck and im happy for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN