Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Why are young moms always being bashed?

Posted by   + Show Post
Im talking about the 16-19 year old moms. Its so frustrating to be bashed at all, but better yet about being a mom, doing what we were put on earth to do. No one is to determine when the right time to add your baby to the world is. I hate this! And I will defend and stand up for all the young moms until im old,cold and full of mold!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Replies (41-44):
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I think that the intelligent educated people who think women should wait to have children think that way because in most cases your body isn't done growing at that age. If you have a baby before you're done growing it could mess up your body and be dangerous for you and the baby. It's also a thought that you may live to regret it if you see your friend going out and partying and having fun and you're stuck home with a baby/child. Also there is the stable good income job thing. People rationalize if you are 16 and have a baby you will probably struggle to pay for everything it needs.
I was 20 when I got pregnant. I had my daughter after my 21st birthday so we couldn't celebrate like I had planned (wine tour, never been into getting "wasted"). I wasn't even allowed to celebrate the baby by telling my extended family until well into my pregnancy. And my mom had tried pressuring me into abortion(for like a week but she loves my dd now) So I don't think you can limit the "young moms get bashed" thing to age 16-19.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Elizabeth1904
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I do not know, actually I was bashed early today for saying I was a teenager mother.  It is kinda sad I remember being on the bus with my oldest (on my way to school) everyone making comments, not one person a positive one.  But still I held my head high every single day, it was hard at times.

Even til this day, I walk into a place with my oldest and that one person always has to ask, if we are sisters.  When I say that she is my daughter, that awkward silence and people staring never fails. Gees I did not know there was an age limit to being a good mom. 

LadyMinni
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:10 AM

It's called Teen Moms. A lot of young mothers do end up being terrible, from the ones I have met, but that's because society is going to hell and they themselves aren't being raised well. Obviously not all young moms are bad, many are quite good. By the laws of proportion there are more bad older moms, simply because there are more older moms.

I personally do believe that there is a such thing as "too young" to have a baby. I'm too young, but I was presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity to adopt mine and so my man and I took it. Honestly if the chance hadn't come along I wouldn't have done it. I wouldn't have put myself forward to adopt and I wouldn't have gotten pregnant.  27 was my plan, after I had my PhD. and a good job.

Kelsey89
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:37 AM

It's because some teen moms are horrible. I'm not saying adult aged mos aren't, but this girl I went to high school with she got pregnant at 14 (2003?) and she drank and did drugs her whole pregnancy. Everyone talked about her. Her child was born with DS and other issues. She would call him "retarded." 

A few other people I knew that had children young always would upload pics out with friends drinking while their parents watched the kid.

i know some teen parents that are better parents than adults, they're just an easier target to ridicule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN