Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Society vs; Teen Moms

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

Why other people judge us? Like we did a very horrible thing?? Like when your out some people will look at you from Head to toe and will STARE at your tummy for a long minute. I hate when people treat me like this. I felt that they're gonna kill me. I feel like I'm the worst person/daugther  in the world. :( I hate this

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbcmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Yea I know how you feel. I think a 16-18 old can care and love a baby just a well and much as some older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinmomofone
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I know how It feels. I don't like being judged it bothers me. My daughter is my life and I don't want people to look at me as a bad mom because I had kyleigh young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
4 moms liked this

its not societity vs teen moms it one group vs another group no matter what in life. like ebf vs ff, or guns vs non guns, or pro life vs pro choice.

in the teen mom cases it is teen moms vs nosey bitches. sinple as that. not every person judges teen moms.

my advice let it roll off you shoulder. dont concern yourslef with what others think so much it will bring you down and put you in a funk. be and do you who the hell gives what others think. let then think it they are entitled to their oponion but you know otherwise and thats all that shold matter.

Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
One thing I have learned is that it doesn't matter who you are people will judge. It is what society does best unfortunately. It wasn't that long ago that people were marrying in their teens and having babies in their teens with society thinking nothing of it. Now society thinks differently and financially it is more difficult to raise a child as a teen because of how many years of schooling it takes to get a decent job.(usually)

You just have to do what YOU think is best for you and your child(ren) and never give up on yourself. Don't worry about what others think. :) I know it is hard but don't let them get you down.
notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Because people aren't taking responsibility for their sex lives and despite all the education that is out there it's somehow not getting through our heads that sex leads to babies and that condoms are only so effective and that birth control needs to be taken properly.

That is why.

I was a teen mom too. It's nothing to be proud of, it's something we have to live with. People are going to think things, give you looks, maybe even say things, but you need to combat that by being the best mom you can. Arm yourself with information and just do everything you can for your child to show that you're giving it your ALL. You can't tell everyone your story and it's really none of their business. People judge people ALL the time, teen moms, adults, ect. It's a part of life and being confident and doing the best you can is what you need to do. You are the only person who can control your life.

EvanaKing
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Nothing to be proud of? Wth... Being able to reproduce is something to be overly proud of no matter what age you are. There are women out there who cant have kids, and have to adopt of get surgery and what not. That is insane you even said that.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Because people aren't taking responsibility for their sex lives and despite all the education that is out there it's somehow not getting through our heads that sex leads to babies and that condoms are only so effective and that birth control needs to be taken properly.

That is why.

I was a teen mom too. It's nothing to be proud of, it's something we have to live with. People are going to think things, give you looks, maybe even say things, but you need to combat that by being the best mom you can. Arm yourself with information and just do everything you can for your child to show that you're giving it your ALL. You can't tell everyone your story and it's really none of their business. People judge people ALL the time, teen moms, adults, ect. It's a part of life and being confident and doing the best you can is what you need to do. You are the only person who can control your life.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

If you think getting pregnant as a teenager and needing help from family or from the state, not getting a full education, being able to support yourself and your child is something to be proud of then okay, I however do not.

Now there is a HUGE difference in being a proud MOTHER no matter what age, but being proud that you got pregnant as a teen, that is just silly.

Quoting EvanaKing:

Nothing to be proud of? Wth... Being able to reproduce is something to be overly proud of no matter what age you are. There are women out there who cant have kids, and have to adopt of get surgery and what not. That is insane you even said that.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

That is why.

EvanaKing
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Ok... Maybe I read wrong. Being proud of getting pregnant young is not so much something to be happy about but yes I agree being proud as a mother is cool.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

If you think getting pregnant as a teenager and needing help from family or from the state, not getting a full education, being able to support yourself and your child is something to be proud of then okay, I however do not.

Now there is a HUGE difference in being a proud MOTHER no matter what age, but being proud that you got pregnant as a teen, that is just silly.

Quoting EvanaKing:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

That is why.

sashax
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I think anyone can be a mum if they are going to love and provide for their baby.. It aint nobodies business but their own :)
Zamae
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

liked this comment :) My son is my gem. 

Quoting erinmomofone:

I know how It feels. I don't like being judged it bothers me. My daughter is my life and I don't want people to look at me as a bad mom because I had kyleigh young.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)