Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Bashing Teen Moms edit

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

With all this i feel like im being bashed for being a teen mom or teen mom vs societity stuff got me thinking. do you know that its not teen moms that get bashed for who they are or thier choices. im 26 and i get bashed for some of my parenting choices or even life choices. i have gotten bashed for my religion and beilef in god, my political beliefs, how i potty train my 2 year old, that  i cloth diaper, that i have tattoos, my style choices just to name a few. some of  you make it seam like teen moms get the worst of it. GUESS WHAT, you dont there are plenty of people who ge it worse then the nasty looks that you choose to fester over and let get to you. its a look ignore it they dont know any better, they dont know you, so why do you care soooo much about what others think? 

not everyone will aprove of your choices or your lifestyle. SO WHAT???? if everyone thought and did the same things we would all be stepford wifes wearing the same hairstyles adn clothing without an individual thought to ourselves.

I don't think most of you are comprehending what I am trying to get across. I'm not saying don't vent or get hurt or angry for a while because you are being judged or bashed. I'm saying that not only teen mom's get bashed. I get bashed for my looks, for wearing a cross, having tattoos , the way I dress. Those are just my outward appearance. My questions was and still is WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK THAT YOU WOULD Le
ET IT FESTER AND BOIL.? not any one of you specifically but those that do. Those that make it seam like you teen mom's or you specifically are the only person on the planet being judged. That teen mom's have it worse then those in 3rd world countries being killed, beaten and raped for their different religous beliefs, or gays who get the shit beat out of them for simply being gay, or black dealing with white supremest, or whites been beaten and killed by the black, or cops for being cop,o the military for serving their country ( Yes they are judged to as are their spouses, I have been told I hope you loved one dies a horrible death for what they are doing over there). How is someone giving you a nasty look or saying some rude ass comment worse then that. It is NOT the end of the world yet you act like it. That's the whole point. Honestly stop acting like your world just ended, it didn't, someone just made a rude comment or gave you a nasty look there is a difference.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwins28
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this
You have to admit that teen moms are especially bashed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

no i see ff mom bashed just as much or pro life and pro choice just as much as teen moms. what about Muslim Americans, or those of Arabic decent those people have physical violence taken out against them because of some that have similar beliefs but go to the extreme. what about women who go to abortion clinic while people are pickiting and throwing things at them or berating them? or gays who get the shit beaten out of them simple for being gay. when was the last time that a teen mom had the shit beaten out of her for being a teen mom. there are plenty of other groups of people who get bashed worse then teen moms.

so no i will not admit that teen moms are especially bashed. it just might seam like ti because this a young momboard but no there are people out there who get it worst, much much worse then teen moms.

Quoting mommyoftwins28:

You have to admit that teen moms are especially bashed

erinmomofone
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Yes everyone is judged for things but does everyone look at you because your kid has cloth diapers on? Or your religion? No because no one really knows. You aren't wearing a sign that says that but if you are pregnant as a teen that is basically a sign. Or a kid who calls you mommy and you look like you are a teen or people know you are. So it's kinda different in my opinion. If you dont mind that people judge and it is easy for you to let it roll of great however people are different and it's not as easy. So think from others who are teen moms (where you a teen mom?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alleycat_2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I dont care if anyone judges me. I know I take care of my kids and thats all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM

no i was not i got pregnant at 23 with my first. when i wear a cross people know and judge, ifthey see the cloth diapers which can easily pop out of ds2s onsie they see it. i get judged for my kids being white as white can be but i am asian. i get looks for not having kids within my race. i get looks because i look young even tho im not. i get jugded based off my looks plenty. i know not eveyone can let it just roll off like i can.

i know teen moms have it hard but i also know some teen moms on here and irl that make it seam like because they got a nasty look its the end of the freaking world. the let it boil and fester getting madder and madder. what i dont get is why what peoples looks or stupid comments get to some so much. you know who you are why should it matter what others THINK they know. why not let it go, focus on your kids and family and youself and prove those asshats wrong instead of getting mad over it. yes let those comments fuel your fire but dont let it get to you.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes everyone is judged for things but does everyone look at you because your kid has cloth diapers on? Or your religion? No because no one really knows. You aren't wearing a sign that says that but if you are pregnant as a teen that is basically a sign. Or a kid who calls you mommy and you look like you are a teen or people know you are. So it's kinda different in my opinion. If you dont mind that people judge and it is easy for you to let it roll of great however people are different and it's not as easy. So think from others who are teen moms (where you a teen mom?)

erinmomofone
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have nothing to prove to anyone my daughter is the one I focus on I am a teen mom and still sometimes things get to me. My daughter is biracial I am white. My daughter is 5 and I am 19. I don't let it get to me but it's times when Its hard. I am just saying you can't tell people to let things go people can feel that way about people looking at them and commenting.

Quoting Hanab818:

no i was not i got pregnant at 23 with my first. when i wear a cross people know and judge, ifthey see the cloth diapers which can easily pop out of ds2s onsie they see it. i get judged for my kids being white as white can be but i am asian. i get looks for not having kids within my race. i get looks because i look young even tho im not. i get jugded based off my looks plenty. i know not eveyone can let it just roll off like i can.

i know teen moms have it hard but i also know some teen moms on here and irl that make it seam like because they got a nasty look its the end of the freaking world. the let it boil and fester getting madder and madder. what i dont get is why what peoples looks or stupid comments get to some so much. you know who you are why should it matter what others THINK they know. why not let it go, focus on your kids and family and youself and prove those asshats wrong instead of getting mad over it. yes let those comments fuel your fire but dont let it get to you.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookealexis
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

yes everyone does get jugded and some people dont take the judgeing lightly. i have been bully all my life untill i started fighting. but it didnt stop the people from judgeing me. and when i got prego i was 17 and i got kicked out of school for being prego. that was so embarrasing for me, not seeing my friends and everyonr thinking a different storie, rumors! being a teen mother is hard because your still a kid yourself. and it doesnt matter how old you got pregnant. when your prego belly is big and out there and everyone is looking at you like your a slut, even though you have been with the same guy for years. its going to hurt. the names, the looks, and the loss of friends. teens only think they are getting bashed the most because thats all the t.v. talks about these days is teen moms. no one talks about the women in their 20-30s getting pregnant because your an adult. a lot of people frown apon teen pregnancys and un weddful pregnancys.

but this is just how i feel. i know people can hurt other people and no one is the bigger victom when it comes to that.

Hanab818
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

i get that. i have some nasty foul things said to me that i have found hard to let go of. my point of this post is to understand why so many teen moms make it seam like they are the ONLY ones that ever get bashed. and its not just on here or in this board. i see it a lot. they let it fester and boil and make it seam like they are the only moms that get bashd when in reality they dont every mom, woman, man, child will be bashed for one thing or another at some poit in thier lives. so why do so many make it seam like they are the only ones it happends to, or that thye have it the worst out of everyone else. i know most perople wont listen to just let it go but WHY let it fester adn make you mad? and why make it seam like your the ONLY person who gets judged or bashed or that you have it worst then everyone else.

Quoting erinmomofone:

I have nothing to prove to anyone my daughter is the one I focus on I am a teen mom and still sometimes things get to me. My daughter is biracial I am white. My daughter is 5 and I am 19. I don't let it get to me but it's times when Its hard. I am just saying you can't tell people to let things go people can feel that way about people looking at them and commenting.

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting erinmomofone:

remaining_me
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

i think when you're in a young mom group you're more likely to see moms complaining about issues based around that. I'm sure moms here get bashed for cloth diapering and I'm sure a few have probably vented about it in the cloth diapering group. you're seeing a lot of the same thing because of the group you're in.

teen moms DO get bashed. it may not only be them, but they certainly do. its not easy being criticized for something you cant undo, especially when you think you re making the responsible choice by stepping up and being a parent to a child even though you're young. i rarely felt judged for having children young, so i don't come around here to bitch about it, but unless you've been there you really have no clue what its like.

erinmomofone
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I knows others are judged I get it I am judged for my sexuality, young mom, have a biracial kid, so on. No I do get it but you will see it in the young mom
Group and if you dont want to see it then don't click it...I mean really it's a venting site.

Quoting Hanab818:

i get that. i have some nasty foul things said to me that i have found hard to let go of. my point of this post is to understand why so many teen moms make it seam like they are the ONLY ones that ever get bashed. and its not just on here or in this board. i see it a lot. they let it fester and boil and make it seam like they are the only moms that get bashd when in reality they dont every mom, woman, man, child will be bashed for one thing or another at some poit in thier lives. so why do so many make it seam like they are the only ones it happends to, or that thye have it the worst out of everyone else. i know most perople wont listen to just let it go but WHY let it fester adn make you mad? and why make it seam like your the ONLY person who gets judged or bashed or that you have it worst then everyone else.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)