Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Bashing Teen Moms edit

Posted by   + Show Post

With all this i feel like im being bashed for being a teen mom or teen mom vs societity stuff got me thinking. do you know that its not teen moms that get bashed for who they are or thier choices. im 26 and i get bashed for some of my parenting choices or even life choices. i have gotten bashed for my religion and beilef in god, my political beliefs, how i potty train my 2 year old, that  i cloth diaper, that i have tattoos, my style choices just to name a few. some of  you make it seam like teen moms get the worst of it. GUESS WHAT, you dont there are plenty of people who ge it worse then the nasty looks that you choose to fester over and let get to you. its a look ignore it they dont know any better, they dont know you, so why do you care soooo much about what others think? 

not everyone will aprove of your choices or your lifestyle. SO WHAT???? if everyone thought and did the same things we would all be stepford wifes wearing the same hairstyles adn clothing without an individual thought to ourselves.

I don't think most of you are comprehending what I am trying to get across. I'm not saying don't vent or get hurt or angry for a while because you are being judged or bashed. I'm saying that not only teen mom's get bashed. I get bashed for my looks, for wearing a cross, having tattoos , the way I dress. Those are just my outward appearance. My questions was and still is WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK THAT YOU WOULD Le
ET IT FESTER AND BOIL.? not any one of you specifically but those that do. Those that make it seam like you teen mom's or you specifically are the only person on the planet being judged. That teen mom's have it worse then those in 3rd world countries being killed, beaten and raped for their different religous beliefs, or gays who get the shit beat out of them for simply being gay, or black dealing with white supremest, or whites been beaten and killed by the black, or cops for being cop,o the military for serving their country ( Yes they are judged to as are their spouses, I have been told I hope you loved one dies a horrible death for what they are doing over there). How is someone giving you a nasty look or saying some rude ass comment worse then that. It is NOT the end of the world yet you act like it. That's the whole point. Honestly stop acting like your world just ended, it didn't, someone just made a rude comment or gave you a nasty look there is a difference.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:27 AM
You are making a very broad statement like all people hate teen moms. No I was not a teen mom, I just had my kids young. But I don't hate teen moms. I don't judge teen mom's. So don't say people. And no out of every group of people that are being discriminated against teen mom's don't have it worse then some others. It might seam like it because we are on a mom board but there are plenty of groups of people who get it worse then a teen mom. I'm not by any means saying close off your feeling don't let it hurt. My point is why the hell do some mom's act like it's the end of the freaking world when it's not. And that you are the only group of people who will ever be judged, bashed, or commented o n by others. Yes teen mms might be judged more harshly then older mom's but they come no where close to other groups that get killed, beaten, raped for their religion, belief, , ect.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

I was a teen mom. I got pregnant with my son at 15 and had him at 16. He is now 8 years old and I will be 25 this summer. It does seem like everyone is against teen moms because all people see when they see a pregnant teen is some careless girl/slut who slept around with anyone and/or everyone and happened to get knocked up. People are mad because they think that teen moms just live off the govt. and end up single mothers with 5 or 6 baby daddys. People are mad because sometimes the mothers have to drop out of high school because they can't afford daycare.

Teen moms do get it worse. We are outwardly judged almost constantly. Statistics will state that the cause of young men being locked up is because they were born to a teen mom, they say the rise of high school dropouts is because of teen moms, taxes going up? Yep that's a teen mom's fault too.

You're right its not the end of the world but sometimes it still hurts.

Quoting Hanab818:

I'm not saying don't vent. I do it. My point was that people make it seam like teen mom's get the worst of it. Like EVERYONE is against teen mom's. Like sometimes some make it seam like it is the end of the world. It's not. Vent get it out do what ever move on. Don't let it fester and boil.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

I am a teen mom and recently posted about being done with people judging me for the things I do.  The thing is, most teens don't talk about when things are going great, they talk about when things are going bad, that's why it seems like all we talk about is being bashed on for being teen parents.  My post that I made, which you probably read, was a moment that I had a break down. 99% of the time I don't let things get to me but EVEYRONE needs a minute or two to just vent and breakdown.  It's normal and healthy, it actually makes you feel better instead of holding things in.... 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karlamousse4
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its great that you posted this, you sure made me feel better. You reminded me of how I used to be and think. Now I have this invincible f*** everyone who doesnt like me attitude and it feels great lol. Thanks!
Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I'm glad this made someone feel good. And I'm had you are in a great place now.

Quoting karlamousse4:

I think its great that you posted this, you sure made me feel better. You reminded me of how I used to be and think. Now I have this invincible f*** everyone who doesnt like me attitude and it feels great lol. Thanks!

Nicki1995
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Everyone gets judged for just about everything that they do! If you cant take it and ignore it, then you might as well lock yourself up in a padded room and never leave. Hell, i am a teen mom, and if people have made rude comments or given me nasty looks, i havent even noticed because i am focused on my daughter and my husband. Why let a stranger or even someone on the internet hurt your feelings when they know nothing about you? Even a look, is just a look. I can guarantee that all of you have given that same look to someone in your lifetime whether you were 5, 10, 20 whatever. Everyone is judged, but the ones that brush it off are the ones that are the happiest.

Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Well said. That's the whole point. I'm trying to understand, I guess, why some make it seam like it's the end of the freaking world, why it's such a big deal and what others say matter so much.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Everyone gets judged for just about everything that they do! If you cant take it and ignore it, then you might as well lock yourself up in a padded room and never leave. Hell, i am a teen mom, and if people have made rude comments or given me nasty looks, i havent even noticed because i am focused on my daughter and my husband. Why let a stranger or even someone on the internet hurt your feelings when they know nothing about you? Even a look, is just a look. I can guarantee that all of you have given that same look to someone in your lifetime whether you were 5, 10, 20 whatever. Everyone is judged, but the ones that brush it off are the ones that are the happiest.

Nicki1995
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I have no idea. I guess they just have some growing up to do. Well, i see 40 year old moms that get judged because they are "too old" to have a child. No, i dont think so lol

Quoting Hanab818:

Well said. That's the whole point. I'm trying to understand, I guess, why some make it seam like it's the end of the freaking world.

Quoting Nicki1995:

firespurity
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I don't think its the nasty looks. I think it's the people who feel the need to corner you and call you everything under the sun. It can be scary

Quoting Hanab818:

no i was not i got pregnant at 23 with my first. when i wear a cross people know and judge, ifthey see the cloth diapers which can easily pop out of ds2s onsie they see it. i get judged for my kids being white as white can be but i am asian. i get looks for not having kids within my race. i get looks because i look young even tho im not. i get jugded based off my looks plenty. i know not eveyone can let it just roll off like i can.

i know teen moms have it hard but i also know some teen moms on here and irl that make it seam like because they got a nasty look its the end of the freaking world. the let it boil and fester getting madder and madder. what i dont get is why what peoples looks or stupid comments get to some so much. you know who you are why should it matter what others THINK they know. why not let it go, focus on your kids and family and youself and prove those asshats wrong instead of getting mad over it. yes let those comments fuel your fire but dont let it get to you.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes everyone is judged for things but does everyone look at you because your kid has cloth diapers on? Or your religion? No because no one really knows. You aren't wearing a sign that says that but if you are pregnant as a teen that is basically a sign. Or a kid who calls you mommy and you look like you are a teen or people know you are. So it's kinda different in my opinion. If you dont mind that people judge and it is easy for you to let it roll of great however people are different and it's not as easy. So think from others who are teen moms (where you a teen mom?)

Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I have there are a couple of teen mom's in my mom and me play group and a women who had her child at 45. I know this woman we have talk she has told me her story and all that she went through to have that child, but these teen mom's and I mean all of them in this particular group have talk their high school drama bullshit behind her back. How she's to old and this and that. And she is not the only mom they judge for being older. the do it a lot of mom's. They have even said shit to me because I'm 26 have 2 kids and I think my shit don't stink according to them. That because I'm not I teen mom that I am better then them. There words not mine. No older mom's don't get bashed as much but Yes they do get bashed.

Quoting Nicki1995:

I have no idea. I guess they just have some growing up to do. Well, i see 40 year old moms that get judged because they are "too old" to have a child. No, i dont think so lol

Quoting Hanab818:

Well said. That's the whole point. I'm trying to understand, I guess, why some make it seam like it's the end of the freaking world.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
If they are cornering you at that point I would push my way out. Why should I stand there and take you bull shit. I have legs and am perfectly capable of walking away.

Quoting firespurity:

I don't think its the nasty looks. I think it's the people who feel the need to corner you and call you everything under the sun. It can be scary

Quoting Hanab818:

no i was not i got pregnant at 23 with my first. when i wear a cross people know and judge, ifthey see the cloth diapers which can easily pop out of ds2s onsie they see it. i get judged for my kids being white as white can be but i am asian. i get looks for not having kids within my race. i get looks because i look young even tho im not. i get jugded based off my looks plenty. i know not eveyone can let it just roll off like i can.

i know teen moms have it hard but i also know some teen moms on here and irl that make it seam like because they got a nasty look its the end of the freaking world. the let it boil and fester getting madder and madder. what i dont get is why what peoples looks or stupid comments get to some so much. you know who you are why should it matter what others THINK they know. why not let it go, focus on your kids and family and youself and prove those asshats wrong instead of getting mad over it. yes let those comments fuel your fire but dont let it get to you.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Yes everyone is judged for things but does everyone look at you because your kid has cloth diapers on? Or your religion? No because no one really knows. You aren't wearing a sign that says that but if you are pregnant as a teen that is basically a sign. Or a kid who calls you mommy and you look like you are a teen or people know you are. So it's kinda different in my opinion. If you dont mind that people judge and it is easy for you to let it roll of great however people are different and it's not as easy. So think from others who are teen moms (where you a teen mom?)

firespurity
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Because violence is always the answer.

Quoting Hanab818:

If they are cornering you at that point I would push my way out. Why should I stand there and take you bull shit. I have legs and am perfectly capable of walking away.

Quoting firespurity:

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting erinmomofone:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)