Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Childless friends (vent)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok just really need to know I am not alone in this. Out of ALL of my friends I am the only one that has started a family. That being said n
NOT ALL of my friends act this way and most are actually pretty understanding. But here goes the story (sorry if it is long) these particular friends of mine have been in my life for around 9 years (can't remember exact) and we were friends in high school. Well after having my daughter they couldn't remember what I named her and had to ask me several times what her name was (ok no big deal I would probably do the same I the situation was reversed) but here is what is really irritating the crap out of me. They seem to always want us to drop things at short notice to "hang out" or "play games" (board games) which is impossible with a 1 year old. They ALWAYS refer to my dd as "the kid" even though they know her name. For instance we were textin shortly after Christmas and they asked how it was I said good and they asked if "the kid" had fun. I replayed "Lexi did have fun she got to see and spend time with all of the family and had a blast showing off" they responed "that's good did the kid get a lot of gifts" I just didn't reply to that one it made me so mad. And the other thing that is bugging the crap out of me is I am currently pregnant (30 weeks) and instead of saying "pregnant" or hell even "prego" I could handle they say I am "knocked up" I don't know why but that irritates the crap out of me! I am NOT "knocked up" damn it I am pregnant!! Ahhh!! Just drives me crazy. So does anyone have these issues wih their childless friends as well?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM
No all my friends are 7 or 8 years older then me. They are in thirty 30s getting married and trying for babies of their own. What does bug me but kinda in a good way is when 2 of my friends call to see how the kids are they ask about the kids then remember me. I mean I love that they love my boys and think of them enough just to call and check up on them but how can they forget about me.

As for the kid thing I HAD a friend who kept referring to ds1 and the thing that was preventing me from going out getting piss ass drunk and having fun. Needless to say we are no longer friends. III would just talk to them and say Hey I don't like when you call .lexi. the kid, call her by her name. I also don't like knocked up. I'm pregnant use that.
MommaPanda3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM
No but I would be pissed off also !
Shyndi
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally get your point. I have had friends.... Even FAMILY do the same thing! It is sooooo annoying I just hate that the problem is that these people do in FACT have kids. I don't mind the occassional lets get together and hang out or the lets meet at a bar/etc.... Umm they forget I have work, school and I spend my whole entire time with my son the little I have left! And the one who ticks my off is my DAMN mother her only grandson and complains because she has to watch him for (the most) two hours!! WTF is your issue I never ask you nor you never were involved with my son or my life EVER in the first place and then you complain??? Ugh!!

msmizuki19
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Some of my friends but I don't see them often and one of the reasons why is I was about 36-37 weeks and one of my childless friends called me a beached whale. But my best friend is my daughter's godmother so that should say something lol
eds6619
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I dont have many childless friends anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN