Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

breastfeeding in public

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
While out I usually breastfeed my baby. My baby does not like being cover with ablanket andgets frustrated and does not really drink with blanket. And I do not like it anyways. I know there are law where you do not have to use a blanket. My dh does not mind. But my mom says I should.what should I do?? And what do you do???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
It's up to you what you wan to do! Nobody else can dictate this. I use the two shirt method... Best of both worlds!
mom2astar
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:13 AM
What you mean two shirt like a t shirt

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It's up to you what you wan to do! Nobody else can dictate this. I use the two shirt method... Best of both worlds!

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Two shirt method is when you wear a stretchy tank under your shirt. Tank goes down, shirt goes up, latch baby:-) Keeps everything but baby covered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I do this but only really to cover my belly. I don't give a crap if people have a problem with my bf baby and not covered. You don't like it look the other direction.bf in public is completely within my rights. and the tank underneath is my tank that sucks in all the fat and makes my belly look less jiggly

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Two shirt method is when you wear a stretchy tank under your shirt. Tank goes down, shirt goes up, latch baby:-) Keeps everything but baby covered.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I do it lol. My son is almost 17 months and he likes to pet my boob while he nurses so if I pull the shirt down to cover my boob he pushes it back up:-/

I'm lucky to live in a state that's very supportive. The laws fully protect my rights so I don't care, it's just a boob.

Quoting Hanab818:

I do this but only really to cover my belly. I don't give a crap if people have a problem with my bf baby and not covered. You don't like it look the other direction.bf in public is completely within my rights. and the tank underneath is my tank that sucks in all the fat and makes my belly look less jiggly

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Do what makes you and Lo comfortable! I breasted until 18 months, and I had no problem whipping out the boob in public :)
I used nursing shirts a lot, but having 2 shirts on works just as well.
Hanab818
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I know some people act like bf mom's are walking around makes.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

That's why I do it lol. My son is almost 17 months and he likes to pet my boob while he nurses so if I pull the shirt down to cover my boob he pushes it back up:-/

I'm lucky to live in a state that's very supportive. The laws fully protect my rights so I don't care, it's just a boob.

Quoting Hanab818:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

cemcnair
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever you are comfortable with is what you should do!
eds6619
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I kept covered or went in private. 

PEEK05
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Like a lot of these ladies, I did the two shirt method.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN