Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Get looked down upon because I'm a SAHM

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 23 Replies
So I'm a teen mom.. My bf and i are both 18.. I'm a sahm but go to school mon, wed, fri 1-3 and saturdays 730-3 and he works. I got denied financial aid so he pays for my school out of pocket. And we still have ton of left over money. We're just really good at saving. So we're planning on moving out in May when this semester of school is over. And all of my "friends" are still struggling and living with their parents (not that it's a bad thing) but theyre saying things like, "oh well I'm waiting so i don't end up in a ghetto apartment" blahblahblah. "Well maybe if YOU got a job, you could have a really nice apartment and a better car" things like that.
JEALOUS MUCH?!
These bitches will see what kind of place my family is living in and i can guarantee it won't be in the ghetto!

Sorry for my rant, it's just very annoying :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Wow, dont sound like friends to me. Im a stay at home mom, but no one really cares here lol Good job on saving all of that money! I am a good money saver too, but we dont have much right now until my husband gets this permanant job when they are done pouring the concrete.

meg0620
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Yea i think theyre just jealous because my friend and her bf have to both work full time in order to make as much as my bf. but they suck at saving so theyre even more jealous that we'll be out on our own before them.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Wow, dont sound like friends to me. Im a stay at home mom, but no one really cares here lol Good job on saving all of that money! I am a good money saver too, but we dont have much right now until my husband gets this permanant job when they are done pouring the concrete.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, that sounds like jealousy then. Lol Eh, just brush them off and keep going. It sounds like you and your family are doing well! =)

Quoting meg0620:

Yea i think theyre just jealous because my friend and her bf have to both work full time in order to make as much as my bf. but they suck at saving so theyre even more jealous that we'll be out on our own before them.

Quoting Nicki1995:

meg0620
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ! :)

Quoting Nicki1995:

Yeah, that sounds like jealousy then. Lol Eh, just brush them off and keep going. It sounds like you and your family are doing well! =)

Quoting meg0620:

Quoting Nicki1995:

aniters
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Jealousy lol.
I'm also a SAHM and I go to school but online.
meg0620
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I'm taking as many classes as i can online. If a class is offered online i register for that as opposed to the classroom setting. None of them have started yet though. Is it hard to do everything on the computer while taking care of your child(ren)?

Quoting aniters:

Jealousy lol.

eds6619
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

just ignore them

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I just had to quit work because of some pregnancy complications and we can definitely feel it financially and my mom keeps saying to suck it up and go back... Like seriously?!
aniters
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Sometimes. I just make sure he's fed and clean and entertained while I do my homework. If he gets fussy I just nurse him :) since he's 14 months old he can entertain himself for a while before he needs me again. Lol. Is it hard for you?

Quoting meg0620:

I'm taking as many classes as i can online. If a class is offered online i register for that as opposed to the classroom setting. None of them have started yet though. Is it hard to do everything on the computer while taking care of your child(ren)?

Quoting aniters:

Jealousy lol.

meg0620
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My online class doesn't start until Monday lol so i was just seeing if its harder than it sounds. :( but my son is 7 months old he's a pretty independent player except when he wants to nurse :)

Quoting aniters:

Sometimes. I just make sure he's fed and clean and entertained while I do my homework. If he gets fussy I just nurse him :) since he's 14 months old he can entertain himself for a while before he needs me again. Lol. Is it hard for you?

Quoting meg0620:

Quoting aniters:

Jealousy lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN