Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Young Moms and College

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
If you were/are a young mom and have completed college, or are currently enrolled, how difficult was/is it? I imagine it was harder than a normal college student. I'm asking because I am a high school senior and was thinking about waiting a year before I start college so my girls (almost 2 and 7mo) will be a little bigger because the online classes I am taking now are difficult to complete with them with me. I'm scared if I wait and don't go to college right after HS, I wont want to go period .. But of course I want to provide for them the best I can!

I am currently engaged and plan on being married in June or July. I just want what is best for my family.

Sorry for rambling lol DF is at work. I just want to know how you managed school work and your kid(s).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meg0620
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I had my baby June 2012 after i graduated June of 2012. I could have enrolled in the fall but i decided not to and took a semester off to be with my baby. Now I'm enrolled for the spring and its honestly not too bad. As long as your family is supportive and willing to help it shouldn't be too bad. I'm enrolled in 15.5 credit hours and i can honestly say I'm not feeling any heat... Yet lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teenmomto2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Oh yes, both DF's family and mine are extremely helpful with the girls. I'm sure it's a do-able .. It just scares me. Haha

Quoting meg0620:

I had my baby June 2012 after i graduated June of 2012. I could have enrolled in the fall but i decided not to and took a semester off to be with my baby. Now I'm enrolled for the spring and its honestly not too bad. As long as your family is supportive and willing to help it shouldn't be too bad. I'm enrolled in 15.5 credit hours and i can honestly say I'm not feeling any heat... Yet lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I had my son May 2008 graduated high school June 2008 & started my 2 semester of college august 2008 and graduated with my associates degree in May 2010. It wasn't horrible. Df helped. His mom watched ds while I was in class and I would come home to bf. I was never gone more than 4 hours. Don't wait-you may never go back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remaining_me
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I wouldn't wait. I'm currently in school and I wish I had just gone before. Its difficult, but not nearly as difficult as I thought it could have been.

meXtwo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I graduated hs june 2011 and I enrolled into fall semester classes of 2011 and had my baby october 2011 it was hard to stay focus during classes cuz all I wanted to do was stay home with my baby, now homework was a bit tricky to deal with cuz I was working at the time but when I was on break or the baby was sleeping or when someone else was holding her that's when I did homework, now my plan was to take the spring off but I found out I was prego again and ended up missing spring, summer, fall and spring again due to being in the hospital for high risk pregnancy but I'm all set to start school this summer

So it all depends on ur mind set if u set ur mind to going back to school after taking some time off and u have a support system to help then I say to go for it but if u think that you won't be able to get ur focus back and you'll slack off end up not going back then I think you should just get it over with now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)