Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

who to have in the delivery room

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM
  • 17 Replies

okay well im 17 and my boyfriend dont like my mom and my mom dont like him... ugh! i want my mom in there and he dont!! help what do i do

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
20Keller12
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this
You're gonna need your mom. Tell your bf that when he's the one having the baby, he can decide who's in the delivery room. If he's too insensitive to understand that, he's too insensitive to be a father. So if he throws a fuss, dump his ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
20Keller12
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Cause in the weeks (and months and probably years postpartum since you're only 17) you're gonna need someone who's sympathetic to your needs in recovery, such as you're gonna need a few full nights sleep so your body can recover, and we both know that your immature boyfriend won't wanna be the only one getting up for a week while you recover, whereas your mom will cause she's been there, she loves you and you're her baby girl. Her maternal instincts are gonna kick in when you're wiped from having a baby, whereas the only thing that will kick in with your boyfriend is his short temper.
20Keller12
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I'd like to keep talking to you about it, so send me a pm. I'm 18 and never had a controlling boyfriend but had a VERY controlling (not to mention abusive) father so I have some experience. Like I said, shoot me a message.
Mommy2CXh
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
If you want your mom there then she should be there. Your mom has been through labor and raising a child she knows what you are going through and can be a big help while you are in labor and be sensitive to your needs whereas the bf is probably not gonna be supportive to your needs. He need to put his big boy pants and suck it up bc he's not the one who is going through pushing that baby out. I am pretty sure your mom will put her feelings towards him aside at least for the time you are in labor to be there for her little girl( not saying that bc of your age but bc we will always be our parents little girl)
babid14
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You should have your mom in there it helps and makes you feel more at ease. It did for me. They need to try and get along this isnt about them its about you and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tamar88
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:05 AM

if they love u they both should be in the room with u... u r only 17 so u really ned ur mom with u for a betetr advice and ur boyfriend should be so he can see the pain u will go in to appreciat u more and more and to know what u are being through at the moment! say what u want it is ur day and ur baby's too it is not about what ur mom or bf want! 

AleaKat
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:06 AM
You're pushing out his kid! He can deal with it!
You need mom there at least for your first!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coltonsmomma13
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I'm pregnant right now with my first,(19 years old). And I already know that my mom is going to be the main person I will want in the delivery room. I want my mom when I'm sick, so I know that when I'm in labor she will be the one person I want by my side! I'm pretty sure you'll be the same way! And what a previous poster said, if your boyfriend is too insensitive to understand, he's too insensitive to be a father! If he's going to be the babies daddy and be around, him and your mom will have to learn how to get along for the babies sake, it isn't about you guys anymore, it's about that precious little peanut! I hope you're able to figure things out girl! I know sometimes chosing between family and boyfriends/friends is hard especially when you're a teenager, but remember who will always be there no matter what happens!! :D

eds6619
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Since you aren't married, I'd say have your mom and tell him to suck it up and be nice.

Henrysmomma0915
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM
That decision is up to you not him. Tell them both to suck it up and get along for the sake of the baby. They don't need to be immature about it. They should just do what is best for you. When I had my first I was 19. I didn't think I would want my mom there while I was pushing, but when she went to leave I ended up begging her to stay. With my 2nd pregnancy DH didn't want her there. He wanted the intimacy of it just being us welcoming our baby. I told him I understood but that I wanted her there and that was the way it was going to be. I guess my situation us a little different though because my mom and DH get along just fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN