Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't feel ready

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

(in other groups)

Ok so my son is almost 6 weeks old and I love him to bits. a few weeks ago I started volunteering again at an elementary school after school with deaf kids. I love being with the kids but I always miss my son while im gone and I always almost dread going cause I dont want to leave him. Now though my mom is pushing me to go back to work which its true I need to go back to earn the money me and my son need but im really torn. I know I need to go back but I dont feel ready and I really dont want to be away from him more. Idk what to do.

P.S. My mom watches him while I volunteer and will when I go back to work. She is a SAHM

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KristenFowles
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM

If this is your only way to provide for your son, than I'm sorry momma but you've gotta go to work...  Loving him at home all day isn't going to put food in his tummy.. I know it's hard though, good luck.

Miller_Mama
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:42 AM

its hard to be away from your child exspecially when they are still little, i was the same way with my daughter but i put in my head that i needed to work to take care of her becuz she needed foods, clothes, and so on.

eds6619
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Its hard, but you need to provide for him.  Its always hard when you leave them.

maria1613
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Its natural to miss your child especially at first. But when you start working again, remember its for you and your son
I missed my daughter like crazy when I first started back at work but its for the best
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It is going to be hard, but just put your mind to your work that way the day passes faster =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)