Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

When is to early?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM
  • 19 Replies
When is to early to take your kid to the movies? My daughter will be 2 next month there is this cute movie called escape from planet earth. I wouldnt mind taking her to see it but i dont know if its to early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinmomofone
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Depends if she can stay still long enough and not talk during the movie. I didn't take ky till she was 4 because she didnt like to sit still still doesn't lol. We only hsve gone a few times. I am not a big movie goer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My son was 5 before he really appreciated going to the movies. His first was at 3 and he sat fairly still through it, but got very bored. 

AleaKat
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Depends on the kid.
Mine are 5 and 3
It wasn't till recently that my 3 yr old started doing well in theaters.

Try waiting till the last days the movie is out so the theatre will be empty. Use it as a test run ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Take her and try it. If she is loud or won't sit still then leave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I feel like if you go early enough in the day there won't be too many people. And other parents are usually more understanding. Our local theater has a summer program where it shows a free movie every Wednesday at 11am. They are older, like Shrek or Aladin, but it's a nice way to start out a kid.
20Keller12
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I see young children of all ages in the theatre where I work. It's extremely rare that someone will come out and complain. I'd say you're fine, just know if they're too tired or having a bad day.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM
My 2 yo did fine. (Better than his 3 yo cousin). Depends on the kid really!
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Hahahahaha my daughter was 2 and fell asleep because she was bored... then when she was 3 I took her to watch burlesque and she danced the whole time... go early there is really noone there and if you have to leave real early in the movie take your stub back to the counter and ask for a refund that you don't want to interupt the other movie goers with an upset little one and they should be happy to give your money back

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
This. It definitely depends on the kid. My 2 year old would probably sit through it better than my almost 5 year old. Lol.

Quoting cemcnair:

My 2 yo did fine. (Better than his 3 yo cousin). Depends on the kid really!
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I took DS when he was 2.5 and it was hell. He just went again a month ago, he's 4.5 and did great. Guess it all depends on the child
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)