Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is to early to take your kid to the movies? My daughter will be 2 next month there is this cute movie called escape from planet earth. I wouldnt mind taking her to see it but i dont know if its to early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Replies (11-19):
Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I took ds to see wreck it ralph when he was 16 months. We went to an early showing and we were the only ones in the theater. He ran around for most of the movie, but I didn't care because he had no one to annoy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
That would be good to have noone there. My daughter is a screamer at times when she gets excited. I would love it to be the only ones in that movie. I liked wreck it ralph

Quoting Firenygirl180:

I took ds to see wreck it ralph when he was 16 months. We went to an early showing and we were the only ones in the theater. He ran around for most of the movie, but I didn't care because he had no one to annoy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ollysmama08
by Alexia on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

depends on if she can sit still through a movie long enough. There is nothing worse then taking a child to the movies and them not wanting to sit still and run up and down the aisles lol. Id try it out maybe take her to a movie during the day on a day people have work and school that way its just you two in there and proabbly a dew others so it isn't a big deal if she can't sit through it!! good luck!

AlexiaProud TEEN mom to Olivia~(12.O1.2OO8) COMING SOON Elliott~(April2O13)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

remaining_me
by Kay on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

does she sit through movies at home? do you think she'll be afraid of the darkness and high volumes that you get at the movies? if none of that's a problem, then i dont think its too early.

babid14
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah she but only if she likes what she is watching and the loudness doeant bother her. It was a reason why i wasnt sure about the movies as well because its loud even for me at some movies

Quoting remaining_me:

does she sit through movies at home? do you think she'll be afraid of the darkness and high volumes that you get at the movies? if none of that's a problem, then i dont think its too early.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM

If she's able to sit still long enough, go for it. I'd rather do something else though, so I don't risk wasting all that money and potentially not getting to see the whole movie. Yes, I do even get into kid's movies sometimes. :p

babid14
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah i think im going to hold off on the movies for now. We always end up buying them anyway. Trying to find crafts i can do with her or for her. Made her a tutu for the 1st time :)

Quoting Annettey19:

If she's able to sit still long enough, go for it. I'd rather do something else though, so I don't risk wasting all that money and potentially not getting to see the whole movie. Yes, I do even get into kid's movies sometimes. :p

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Making a tutu sounds like a lot of fun, and I bet she'd for sure like that. :)

Quoting babid14:

Yeah i think im going to hold off on the movies for now. We always end up buying them anyway. Trying to find crafts i can do with her or for her. Made her a tutu for the 1st time :)

Quoting Annettey19:

Hanab818
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

depends. my nefew could sit through a movie at 2 i think, but there is no way my 2 year old can he would get bored and start running around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)