Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Terrified

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

So, am about four or five months pragnant now and was completely fine. I felt the baby kick today and I didn't know how to feel about it but am not too worried, until my mom toldme it would be smart to start planning how I want to give birt, by you know the vag or c section. well I went to ready up on it and I had no idea you bleed for six weeks afterward. and all the risks that comes with givig birth. now am freaked out and terrified. I have a anxiety disorder and now am scared to death about giving birth and have no idea how to feel about it. My mom tells me everything is going to be okay and what not, its just giving birth. ha! am so freaked out am having nightmares about bleeding to death, or having blood clots or the baby eating its way out. (gross I know) so any advice?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Just remember women have been giving birth since...................forever.  You CAN do this!!!

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I agree with the previous poster, women have been doing this forever! With modern day medicine, with any complications, you have a good chance of turning out ok! I dont know about your doctor, but mine does not generally give csections to first time mothers unless medically necessary due to complications. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Honestly you'll be fine! I highly suggest avoiding a c-section at all costs. I've had to have three and it wasn't easy.

I suggest watching The Business of Being Born it's a great documentary(it's on Netflix if you have it.) It's pretty empowering and it made me really wish I could of had a natural vaginal birth.

Everything has risks you can't let fear overtake you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Lmao! Cause infants can gum their way out..

In all seriousness, it's not a big deal! I had both of my boys vaginally and never had a problem! I'm completely fine and healthy!

You do bleed for a good bit! I bled the entire 6 weeks and it was shitty but so worth it for what came from it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM
This. And I suggest coming up with a birth plan. How where meds or not type thing. And try for vaginal. Only do a section if absolutely necessary. I had to have an emergency section and I had such a horrible reaction to the meds I couldn't old my baby for 24 hours. And recovery sucked I couldnt sit upright for a week. And then you most likely would have to do a repeat which sucks worse. not everyone has the same experience with the section but looking back if I could have avoided it I would have.

Quoting eds6619:

Just remember women have been giving birth since...................forever.  You CAN do this!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
you don't bleed for a full 6 weeks it takes 6 weeks to heal... I bled for 1 1/2 weeks and it was real light... like a light period... I didn't rip or anything so I was healed really at 4 weeks but they tell you no sex for 6 full weeks so your uterus can heal

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

SamanthaSage
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Honestly you'll be fine! I highly suggest avoiding a c-section at all costs. I've had to have three and it wasn't easy.

I suggest watching The Business of Being Born it's a great documentary(it's on Netflix if you have it.) It's pretty empowering and it made me really wish I could of had a natural vaginal birth.

Everyone is different. Different experiences and what not. My c-section was honestly a piece of cake. Our little girl is 5 weeks and its like it never even happened.
Hi_Rae
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
You will be fine. Dont worry sweetie! Like everyone else said women have been doing this forever. Try for a vaginal birth, you dont bleed for that long, and dont worry about being "loose" down there afterwards, vaginas were made to give birth having a baby isnt going to ruin it. My dh says Im tighter now than I ever have been and I had my son 10 months ago
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Honestly mine weren't that hard but I don't suggest it to anyone. My first I was feeling normal by 1 week, my second the day of I was totally fine literally no pain in my incision, third about 1.5 weeks and I felt pretty good. No matter how great I felt I still knew not to over do it so for 6 weeks I took it easy. I didn't choose to have a c-section but it's what needed to happen.

Reguardless of how it may be it's still a MAJOR surgery. The risk of death from a c-section is much higher for both mother and baby.

“The case fatality rate for all caesarean sections is six times that for vaginal delivery, and even for elective caesarean section the rate is almost three times as great."

Why risk yourself and your child unnecessarily, kwim?

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Everyone is different. Different experiences and what not. My c-section was honestly a piece of cake. Our little girl is 5 weeks and its like it never even happened.

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM

You don't just gush gallons of blood, the bleeding is annoying but it's not scary.  I was scared too, especially the last week, once I had sceduled my induction at 40+6, but my birth experience was great.  I tore, which hurt like hell afterwards.  Hands down the tear healing was the worst part.  But I have this beautiful little girl and it's worth it. There's a lot of things even reading can't prepare you for.  When you have that baby you won't even have time to look back on your experience for a while.  Getting pregnant and giving birth is the easy part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)