Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Who wants to help me make a life changing decision?! Cmonn :)

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
I really want to go back to school. As soon as possible. I don't have much help but I have filled out a fasfa. I was going to go in january but I put it off because I got a great job offer and was curtain I got the job but then they gave it to someone else after 6 interviews with me that went great -_-.... Whatever...
Anyway I little bit about me
I'm great with people (work customer service)
I care a lot about my appearance
I do not have a weak stomache
I like to be able to make important decisions myself and not ask ppl
I pay attention to details
I want to make a difference
I can stay proffesional
I have a basic knowledge of computers
I can do basic Math & English
I'm smart but I really don't want to have to take remedial classes I just don't have time or patience for it right now
My other problem is no career calls my name our and it's really hard for me to start school with no goal in mind.
Any ideas on what career I should peruse and any ideas on where to start? I'd really like to jump right in.. I live in the capital city of Illinois
I'm 18 and have a 5 month old, help me out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
You may need some remedial English (not bashing, just several mistakes).
Do you have any interests? Helping people is a very broad statement. Plus you say you work well with people but don't want to have someone telling you what to do.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hun you're 18 you are not going to be able to be your own boss yet. Also pretty much EVERY career path has required perquisite classes like basic English and math, you'll have to do them.

I suggest going to the college and talking to a counselor, they can help you decide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Something in the medical field might be good given what you have shared. A guidance counselor at the school can let you take a test that will outline your strengths and help with which fields you would be good at.

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand what you mean about not having a goal.  I just started online classes in January, and right now am just planning on getting an AS degree.  I'm doing it to better my life, and set an example for my daughter. 

I don't feel like I have to decide a career right now, just feels good that I'm doing SOMETHING, and the classes are helping me narrow my interests.

kissten778
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM
English was the one subject I didn't need remedial classes in. I mean it's just a post it's not like I'm getting graded I don't proof read it lol!
Helping people: i like giving people advice and I know I'd like saving people's lives.. I made a broad statement because I have a large window of ways I like to help People lol..
I Work customer service so I like talking to people and helping them out but I don't like asking my supervisor if I can do this or that to help them out..id like to make the decision myself on how to help them.

As for interests: no, no interests... I like science kinda... Lol

I'm having a hard time with this as you can see

Quoting cemcnair:

You may need some remedial English (not bashing, just several mistakes).

Do you have any interests? Helping people is a very broad statement. Plus you say you work well with people but don't want to have someone telling you what to do.

kissten778
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I always liked the medical field route my dad was a respatory therapist before he passed and my brothers an emt. I love science but I'm very egotistical and just being a nurse wouldn't cut it but being a doctor takes 9 years. I want something in the middle you know? I just don't know what.. I have a kid so I don't want it too take to long...

Quoting cjsix:

Something in the medical field might be good given what you have shared. A guidance counselor at the school can let you take a test that will outline your strengths and help with which fields you would be good at.

cjsix
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:53 PM

What about a nurse practitioner?

Quoting kissten778:

I always liked the medical field route my dad was a respatory therapist before he passed and my brothers an emt. I love science but I'm very egotistical and just being a nurse wouldn't cut it but being a doctor takes 9 years. I want something in the middle you know? I just don't know what.. I have a kid so I don't want it too take to long...

Quoting cjsix:

kissten778
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I really do like that idea. Never thought about it. I'll look into it. There's so many fields I could go into as a nurse practitioner... Hmmm you got me thinking thank you.:)

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting kissten778:

Quoting cjsix:

cjsix
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM

huggingYou're welcome,I'm glad I was able to help you.

Quoting kissten778:

I really do like that idea. Never thought about it. I'll look into it. There's so many fields I could go into as a nurse practitioner... Hmmm you got me thinking thank you.:)

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting kissten778:

Quoting cjsix:

sevensmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM

try nursing im 18 with 4 month old and im going for my nursing degree it doesnt take that long if u go online to a community college nearby and u dont need to waste alot of money on books

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)