Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Body mod moms?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm just wondering how many other moms out there have gauges and/or facial piercings and how should I keep my baby from pulling on mine?
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Adamswifey_xo
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

i use to have gages and i have my lip, tongue, belly button, and nose pierced. My good friend (well not anymore) anyways her son was 1 1/2 but she would let him look at em but not touch she would tell hims its mommys pretty jewelry. And he would look and point but stops trying to pull on it. idk how old yours is but thats the best advise i got (:

squeakers2
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I have 5 holes in my right ear, 4 on my right, a tongue piercing, and a navel piercing. I would let my daughter touch or play with them, but if she pulled, I would tell her no and put her down. After a few times of that, she learned. My almost 4 month old hasn't found them yet, but I'll do the same with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM
I don't! But I do have dermal anchors! I had my septum pierced way back in the day but my lo at the time, convinced me to remove it and it never went back in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Not me, here's a bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_vamp
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I'm still pregnant...but one of my friends' daughters tugs on her gauges a lot. Mine are still small, but big enough for baby fingers to fit through so I was just worried. I also have 2 lip rings which I'd really prefer not to have ripped out lol
Quoting Adamswifey_xo:

i use to have gages and i have my lip, tongue, belly button, and nose pierced. My good friend (well not anymore) anyways her son was 1 1/2 but she would let him look at em but not touch she would tell hims its mommys pretty jewelry. And he would look and point but stops trying to pull on it. idk how old yours is but thats the best advise i got (:

Annettey19
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Ayy! That sounds painful.

I don't have anything other than basic earrings. My son always is instantly attracted to them and tries to pull them out. I've just been trying to distract him and not make a big deal out of it, or else I know, being the way he is, he'll probably go after them more.

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I took mine out while DS was in the real grabby stage, but I had them long enough that I knew they wouldnt close up anyway. Most of my facial piercings stayed small, small studs, no rings, no chain of any sort
akimana
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I have pierced nose and ear

tcrystal717
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I have small gauges,lip,tongue & nose pierced.I think at a young age my baby will end up scratching me before they can actually grab ahold of the piercing & I'll move his/her hand away & say that hurts mommy so be gentle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I have tattoos and over 20 piercings. I haven't had an issue with pulling yet, DD is only 10 weeks. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)