Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

HELP me i need advise

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
i am 14 and pregnant my boyfriend left me and i need a way to tell my parent i am pregnant anybody have advise please
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

just tell them. you have to sooner or later, and sooner is better. sit them down, say im pregnant, and let it go from there.

cemcnair
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Yep, and the sooner the better.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

just tell them. you have to sooner or later, and sooner is better. sit them down, say im pregnant, and let it go from there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blackroses137
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I agree with these ladies. The sooner you tell them the better. I know it won't be easy, but it has to be done. they need to know so that they can help you. Don't be afraid. It'll be okay.
cadditalbrat
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM
i agree. And having gotten pregnant at 16 I know how scared you are but the longer you wait the more upset everyone is going to be. There is no easy way to tell your parents that you're pregnant at such a young age. Good luck.

Quoting Blackroses137:

I agree with these ladies. The sooner you tell them the better. I know it won't be easy, but it has to be done. they need to know so that they can help you. Don't be afraid. It'll be okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TotallyTweedles
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Sending you lots of strength sweetie. It's best to just face them with all honesty about your situation. While only you can imagine how they will react be prepared for the worst. Do you have a plan on how you want to proceed in your pregnancy? Are you wanting to keep the baby? Are you considering adoption? Are you hoping they will step in and help? What does your ex think you are going to do? Is his family aware you are expecting? Are you planning to finish school? What are you going to do with your baby while you are in school? All are questions they may ask. It may seem like a lot all at once but it is best to be ready to address their concerns in a mature manner. Most likely they will see it as their baby is not a baby any more and will be growing up really fast and your ability to answer their concerns will show you understand the situation. If they yell or get upset try to remain calm. In all you say do your best to be open and honest with them. If you are scared tell them that.They are your parents and you will need their love and support now more had ever. Best wishes. Keep us updated and message me anytime.
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Agreed with the rest, do it ASAP. Just be straight forward, tell them youre pregnant, and take it from there. 

clau1985
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I also agree with the rest of the group the sooner you tell them the bette. They might be upset at first, but thet will understand.
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Um just out right... I pray for you and a healthy baby

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

capmonkey93
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM

if you are too scared to tell them like i was then you can either ask a friend to come with you and they can be there for your support

Annettey19
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Talk to your mom first. She's not going to be happy, but she's likely to be more understanding than your dad since she understands pregnancy and the feelings. Try to go talk to her when she's relaxed and not stressed out or busy.

Listen to people's advice, but don't let them pressure you into something if you don't feel good about. Whether they want you to keep the baby, abort, or give it up for adoption, listen to them but don't let them make the decision for you. Even though you're young, this is something that'll affect you no matter what you do, so make sure you're heard. I'm sorry you have to go through this at such a young age. I wish you all the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN