Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is this normal in post-partum recovery?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been out of the hospital for about a month. For the past couple weeks, I had stopped bleeding entirely and was only passing a yellowish-whitish discharge that I was told is normal towards the end.

However, all of the sudden yesterday I started to bleed again. Not an alarming amount, but full in color, almost like a lighter period. Then this afternoon I passed a small clot as if I was in the earlier weeks of recovery.

Is this normal or did something get strained, perhaps? I have yet to return to me Doctor, so should I be concerned? I am unsure. Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-15):
Aireeahnah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Is this still possible so early on when breastfeeding? I got the impression from a few family members and friends that you don't have a period for a long time when breastfeeding exclusively.

CafeMom Tickers
KristenFowles
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM

You're all normal momma, after baby period/bleeding/discharge is no fun.

KristenFowles
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I breast fed all 3 of mine exclusively and still had the bleeding/periods..

Quoting Aireeahnah:

Is this still possible so early on when breastfeeding? I got the impression from a few family members and friends that you don't have a period for a long time when breastfeeding exclusively.

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Everybody is different. It's probably just your period, but if you honestly feel its not right just call your dr and ask if you need to come in.

Quoting Aireeahnah:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

i bled on and off for 6 week with both my kids. my midwife said i was fine as long as i wasnt having to change my pad every housr or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN