Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Need help with public school kindergarden!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 7 Replies
My five year old son has been in a private preschool/kindergarden (for abt 4 years) and due to hurricane sandy i had to switch him out because his school was unsure when they will reopen.
So my husband enrolled him into a public school in november. The first week he was quiet and i had asked his teacher if he was making friends because he was new. She replied yes he was and he was doing great!
The following week i recieved a phone call that he was being defient with his teachers assisstant.
It was not like my son to Act like this at all he is well behaved .. The the following week he was defiant to gym teacher by not wanting to participate in gym. And when i had droped him off the nurse asked to speak to ne about it and called in the gym teacher ( i felt abushed) she spoke ao nasty about my son how he would listen and he wouldnt sit still and she seemed very excausted and out of breath when she was speaking about him (fraustrated i guess) the net couple weeks teacher contacted me on and off that my son was not listening and he was a ting out by walking around his clasaroom and choose not to listen (all shock)! I spoke to my son
Wht was going ? he said that a teacher had grabbed his arm very hard. I called the school and emailed teacher teacher didnt reapond. But my husband spoke to principal now we went to school meeting and veryine slammed my son negetivitly even school nurse. i feel like i spoke up as a parent and i dont believe any teacher shouldnt ever aqueeze any child arm! Now the school nurse keeps calling me when my son defends himself with them and the other day she called me iver lactaid pill she needs to give my son and she refused to follow doctors order . She started talking to me like a child saying i should drip my son earlier at school (which i drop him off at 8 52 and school starts at 8 55 ) i told her i do the best i can i do have a 1 yearold who is a hand full and its just me in morning. And did get loud with her because she was talking down to me critizing my parenting over lactaid pills. Which i have no idea what this nurse problem was the fact that my sons peditrician wrote the prescription note with detail simple directions indicating to " give my son a lactaid pill 30 min before intaking milk or Give him lactaid milk" and she just wanted to not give milk all together. It just seem that the school is picking on my son what do you guys think am i reading into this too much any suggestions
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Is he being defiant?
clowery
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I would honestly take him out and so an online till the other school opened back up cause that's ridicules!! And Idc how bad a child acts out (not saying he was) no teacher or anyone for that matter should squeeze a child's arm. I'm sorry you are having to dill w this I sure hopeople nothing like this happens when my girls start school this fall. Good luck
Snow2217
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
@aj mommy when i asked my son he said he wasnt listening so teacher grabbed him.

@clowery thanks girl im trying to switch him out but theres a waiting list.

To me it seems like there too many kids in public school class(22) and in his preschool ther were 15 and he got more attenion .. Because he told me that he raises his hand forever and no one listens. ive told the teacher this. the nurse told me to get him a therapist.. Is that normal for a nurse to say this like its all too dramatic. It seems like they are targeting him like a troubled child but three months ago when he was in preschool his teacher adored him and the teachers before that.he has never had problems like this
i dont get it. could it be changes of school ?

But Thanks for the advice
cemcnair
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM

We haven't started school yet, but it does seem overboard to me!

cemcnair
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That's a good idea!

Quoting clowery:

I would honestly take him out and so an online till the other school opened back up cause that's ridicules!! And Idc how bad a child acts out (not saying he was) no teacher or anyone for that matter should squeeze a child's arm. I'm sorry you are having to dill w this I sure hopeople nothing like this happens when my girls start school this fall. Good luck

Also join us in these other great groups!

Crunchy Moms *Raising Intact Boys*  Babies Love Boobies

Have a March 2013 baby on the way? Join us in

Snow2217
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Thanks girlies this really helps me out !! Thanks for support :)
1.hot.mama2005
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

This.

Quoting clowery:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)