Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I feel terrible..

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Right now, I feel horrible for feeling this way, but I hate being pregnant. I cant help feeling thst my whole life is ruined.
im 21 weeks pregnant, 21 years old, and I feel completly alone. none of my friends wan to hang out, they are too busy partying. I havnt seen my boyfriend in a week beca he "cant handel how depressed I am." I just feel like things couldn't be worse. my body's ruined, my relationships are ruined. my finances, everything. who will bethere for me if even the father of my baby won't take responsibility and cant stand me?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KassidieCay8912
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Aw I'm so sorry. Try looking at the positive! You're baby will be with you and its the most amazing thing in the world to see your baby and become a mom. I'm only 16 and I gave up partying for my lil man and my body is "ruined" but its not what's important. It's not healthy for your baby to be feeling this way so try to cheer up hun:) things will get better! As for finances and support there are so many resources now to help you with everything.
mum2beJen
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:04 AM
I was like this the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy!!trust me everything will get a lot better
Hanab818
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM
You shouldn't need anyone to be there. If he want to be a dick then he's going to be a dick. You can do it alone if need be.

As for hating being pregnant. I hated both my pregnancies from day 1. I was depressed and crazy and my husband couldn't stand being around me a good majority of the time. Once I gave birth I started getting better. (My pregnancies were back to back, my kids are 18 months apart) ds2 is 10 months and I've been feeling great for a while now. Like my normal self since my hormones are back to normal.

As for friend if they are being shoreward they weren't good friends to begin with and you are probably better off without them. Just try finding a mommy and me group in the area.
Annettey19
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

*hugs* Pregnancy is hard sometimes. I remember going through a stage like that. I felt like maybe I shouldn't have chosen to have a baby yet, and that me and my SO weren't going to get as much time together. I felt worried what the baby would be like, and that we wouldn't bond. How would we deal financially, etc. I went through a lot of stress and depression at times.

Now my son's here though, and everything is way better than I thought it would be. Things have a way of getting worked out once they have to be. You're right. Most of your childless friends probably won't be able to relate, but if there are any really true ones they'll stick by you. There are local mom groups almost everywhere, so you can probably make friends there after you have the baby. Everyone's body is different, but the stretch marks do fade, and your tummy will shrink back up. You probably won't ever look exactly the same again, but invest in some good push up bras and pretty underwear. Dress up the assets you have, and make an effort to pretty up every now and then. Don't feel like you're destroyed, or let yourself go entirely (although at first with a newborn you will be messy!) 

Try to look on the bright side as much as you can, and I think eventually you'll start to feel happier.

Snow2217
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Hey girlie i know exactly how you feel bc i went through it. I had my first son at age 22 and i was not ready for him. surround yourself with positive people. Your true friends will stay with you the ones who arnt will fade away. Keep your chin up

be happy for you and baby. But everything will fall into place and get better just think positive :D.

Ps read baby books to prepare yourself and congratulations on your baby
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
*Hugs* I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. There are so many horomones during pregnancy that it's understandable that you feel the way you do. If you are unhappy being pregnant, maybe you would be happier with adoption. I hope things get better for you.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Pregnancy is very hard, but the baby at the end will be worth it! I really suggest talking to your doctor about anti depressants! 

BTW-you are not ruined, you are starting something new :)

Soon2bMami.
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I was like that two during my second trimester, but hang in there, things will get better :)

ronda.darlene
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child and I'm only 20. I was terrified, scared, and miserable at first because I thought I was too young to be a mom. I don't have any friends, they all want to party and drink but I do have my mother and, luckily, my boyfriend. There are times when he can't stand it because I get so stressed out and upset over nothing really. Sit him down and tell him why you're feeling so upset. Its not you, its the baby hormones. They will most likely get worse. I've woken up out of a dead sleep, crying my eyes out for no reason whatsoever. Tell him that its not you but you need help and he's the only one that can give it to you.

As for your body, get some Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion or Body Butter with cocoa butter in it. Use it once or twice a day anywhere you get or will be prone to stretch marks. Your entire stomach, breasts, thighs, butt, sides, and love handles. My cousin and I both swear by Palmer's. Its specifically for pregnant women and stretchmarks. Any that you have right now, will fade and it will keep any more from being made if you use it every day. I was 98 pounds pre-pregnant and now I'm 123. The only stretch mark I have is on the top of one breast because I skipped a couple days. It gets better. It may not seem like it and it will be the hardest thing we ever do in our lives but it'll be all worth it in 19 weeks when you're holding your little baby in your arms. He or she will love you and you'll love them more than anything in the entire world. Keep your head up. We're all here for you and will help you with anything we can.

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I'm sorry you feel this way. It will get better. When I had my dd I didn't feel the need for a bf or any of the drama most girls my age had going on. It's a really amazing feeling meeting your lo for the first time. You can do it on your own there are programs out there to help out. Just try to stay positive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)