Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Prego with an IUD on anyone???

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so I have had a lot of cramping lately. I have had it since the beginning of last week it is HORRIBLE!!!  I don't have any periods and I have had my IUD for two years now and have never had this issue nor this pain, this constant bloating and heartburn. I finally made an appointment to see the OB today just to discard the possibility of being pregnant and to actually find out what is going on and why this pain is consistent and does not go away!! =(

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Could be a problem with the IUD itself. Occasionally they will move or poke through the uterine wall. I hope everything is okay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
No idea. Good luck.
Annettey19
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I second this. There is the tiny chance you could be pregnant too. I hope you find out it's nothing serious!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Could be a problem with the IUD itself. Occasionally they will move or poke through the uterine wall. I hope everything is okay!

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Go to your doctor ASAP!

Shyndi
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I am going to the doctor in a couple of hours. I have just been feeling really bad and dizzy I am afraid of an etopic pregnancy or something more serious.

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Good luck, I hope everything is ok!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shyndi
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Thanks ladies! I did go yesterday to the doctor he said that my IUD is still in place and that I have to wait until two weeks to get a sonogram done and take some medication that will help!! (meds aren't helping & the nurse was able to do the sono appt for next week) This is fustrating!!! We will see how it goes, I am considering just removing the iud! =(

Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
When I had my IUD they told me I could still take a pregnancy test if I was concerned...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
If I were you I'd go to the ER. You shouldn't have to wait two weeks!

Quoting Shyndi:

Thanks ladies! I did go yesterday to the doctor he said that my IUD is still in place and that I have to wait until two weeks to get a sonogram done and take some medication that will help!! (meds aren't helping & the nurse was able to do the sono appt for next week) This is fustrating!!! We will see how it goes, I am considering just removing the iud! =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)