Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
My little girl use to sleep so good through the night. She made her own bedtime and has continue to follow it. She use to go to sleep between 9:30-10:00 and woke up between 7-8... Now she wakes up 5 to 6 times a night. I give her her paci and she's fine. She is almost 5 months. Is this normal??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Growth spurt or teething could be your culprit. Is she hungry or fussy or just awake?
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

DS was the same way kinda. He was sleeping through the night at about 3 months? Then when he was about 3 he started waking up 2-3 times a night, and now, at almost 5 years old, still wakes up atleast once to get a drink.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Yes that's normal. Babies will change their sleep habits several times in the first year. About every time you get used to the schedule is when you can expect a change.
lexismom90
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Sounds normal. My daughter use to do that during teething and growth spurts. At around 2-3 months she had a great schedule but every time she started to teethe again she would stop sleeping through the. iChat again. I just had to comfort her and wait it out until she went. Ack on schedule. The worst was when we moved she was sleeping 12 hours at night the. All of a sudden she would t sleep longer then 4 hours at a night. It took a while but eventually she went back to her normal schedule.
Hanab818
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Completely normal. She will eventually go back.to sleeping all night .
lilmamabowers
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Thanks ladies. She eats before she goes to bed and goes to sleep on her own. Maybe it's just a growth spurt or teething. She does have teeth getting close to coming in because her gums are light light pink. Glad it's nothing major though!
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
This happened on and off all the time with my dd. it's normal and can be stressful but you'll get through it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)