Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stretch marks :(

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 24 Replies
What is a good way to get rid of stretch marks? I have palmers lotion to prevent them during pregnancy but have only been putting it on my belly and boobs and woke up this morning with my legs and butt looking like a tiger got ahold of me! I just wanna cry it looks awful ::(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing. I've heard Mederma is good at reducing them, but they never truly go away. They do fade over time. Part of being a mom :)
StrangeDays
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Mederma is great! I used it on my stomach after I had my daughter, and although they're not totally gone, they faded so much faster than they would have if I didn't use anything. At this point, you can only see them in the right light, or if you're really looking for them. Hooray!

Quoting cemcnair:

Nothing. I've heard Mederma is good at reducing them, but they never truly go away. They do fade over time. Part of being a mom :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Same! It's like 40 a bottle but it lasts like 3 months and it works great!!!

Quoting StrangeDays:

Mederma is great! I used it on my stomach after I had my daughter, and although they're not totally gone, they faded so much faster than they would have if I didn't use anything. At this point, you can only see them in the right light, or if you're really looking for them. Hooray!

Quoting cemcnair:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM
That's great! I may have to look into it then once this baby gets here!

Quoting StrangeDays:

Quoting cemcnair:

KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Stretch marks are actually scars. They'll fade but you can use a product to speed up the process.
StrangeDays
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
It's totally worth every penny. I ended up using it for the recommended 12 weeks (so, about $120 spent, total), but in the broad scheme of things, it was a heck of a lot cheaper, and safer, than surgery.

Quoting AleaKat:

Same! It's like 40 a bottle but it lasts like 3 months and it works great!!!

Quoting StrangeDays:

Quoting cemcnair:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM
You can find it at Walmart I know!

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting StrangeDays:

Quoting cemcnair:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrangeDays
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM
It's about $40 per tube, and you can find it at target. As long as you're diligent with using it, it's pretty much a miracle :)

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting StrangeDays:

Quoting cemcnair:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM

You'll get used to them, and they will fade. It is hard at first though, I know.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Nothing will make them go away completely. Mederma will fade them, but they'll always be there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)