Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

is it ok to be upset?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

so thursday night my man looked at me and said "i'm not going to be home this weekend i'm going up to see some friends" ok fine, i undrstand he works hard and wants some friend time. but a hole weekend? not to menchion all i'v been hereing from our daughter is "where's daddy?" i'm trying to be understanding of his feelings. and i didnt argue about him leaving. last night i got a text "i'll be home for a few hours tomorrow :) cant wait to see you" and i got really excited to be able to see him for a little bit. and our DD would be able to see him. but now he's telling me he's only comeing back to pick up his cheak then leaveing again. i have to leave for work at 1:30 and i was hopeing to see him even if it would only be a few minuts. Is it wrong of me to be this upset that he just desides to up and leave to be with friends when ever he feels like? i dont leave for a hole weekend! i would reather be at home with our baby.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
eds6619
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:16 PM

an entire weekend is a long time, but if he doesn't do it all the time, then I wouldn't be too upset.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'd be upset that instead of it being a conversation he just told you he was leaving. My dh is going all next weekend, but we've discussed and planned.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ButterflyLette
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Id be pissed! But that's just me I've been cheated on a lot so i just assume that's what was going on but if u trust him i wouldn't be to upset.
NicholeJirik
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 PM

he's cheated once. which is probibly why i'm reacting this way.. and this isnt the first time he's "gone out for a guys weekend" and everytime i tell him the same thing. i dont care if he goes out for a few hours and if he gets to drunk to drive, stay the night i would rather have that then him crashing. but i dont like him gone the whole weekend. i see no point of it. when my friends want to see me thay understand that i'm not going to leave my child for a wole weekend. so we eather hang at my house for a few hours or we find a kid frendly place so i can bring my DD with.. 

Quoting ButterflyLette:

Id be pissed! But that's just me I've been cheated on a lot so i just assume that's what was going on but if u trust him i wouldn't be to upset.

ButterflyLette
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I guess i don't know why he needs a whole weekend seems odd but your defiantly ok to be upset id invite the girls over for the weekend to keep your mind off it

Quoting NicholeJirik:

he's cheated once. which is probibly why i'm reacting this way.. and this isnt the first time he's "gone out for a guys weekend" and everytime i tell him the same thing. i dont care if he goes out for a few hours and if he gets to drunk to drive, stay the night i would rather have that then him crashing. but i dont like him gone the whole weekend. i see no point of it. when my friends want to see me thay understand that i'm not going to leave my child for a wole weekend. so we eather hang at my house for a few hours or we find a kid frendly place so i can bring my DD with.. 

Quoting ButterflyLette:

NicholeJirik
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

lol if we didnt all have to work i would. i guess i'm just going to hang out with my DD and go to work and try not to think about it. but when he gets home were going to have a long talk about this.

Quoting ButterflyLette:

I guess i don't know why he needs a whole weekend seems odd but your defiantly ok to be upset id invite the girls over for the weekend to keep your mind off it

Quoting NicholeJirik:

Quoting ButterflyLette:

shawnny1996
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM

yeah you have the right to be upset i would too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)