Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Being looked at as a bad mom. ugh.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

I hate how when you go to the store and your baby starts screaming, everyone looks at you like you are the worst mother ever. But then an older mom can have a baby screaming, too, and they look at them all sympathetically. Like really?! I'm a better mom than some 20 and 30 something year old moms I know. Its just frustrating! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. It seems no matter how old you are, screaming baby gives people some idea that they can judge you! Hugs!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsJoe125
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yeah, I used to shop one street over from a huge Catholic church when I had my first.  I looked young before I got pregnant, by the time I was due, I looked like I was sixteen (maybe younger), so I was getting a lot of babies having babies looks.
But, I was 25 when I had my third and I got a lot of baby-sitter comments too, so... I guess it evened out a little.

Sorry ppl are so rude and unfair!  I don't think a mom is "bad" b/c her kid screams in a store; that's what kids do. :-)

cfievre19
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Gurl u know ur a good mother and that's all that matters ur the one who's providing for your baby not them. People
cfievre19
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Gurl u know ur a good mother and that's all that matters ur the one who's providing for your baby not them. People
shawnny1996
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

i dont know but people are going to guge

ProudMommaBear
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah I definitely hate the looks. Especially when I walk into a store by myself with my daughter, I'm really short so I have a really hard time getting her carseat up into the seat of the shopping cart so I try my hardest to get her up there really fast otherwise people look at me.  Plus idk how many times I'm standing alone in an aisle and talking to my daughter when people walk past the aisle and kind of give a double take at me.  Like yesterday I was in the toy aisle just looking at toys while I was waiting for my mom to get done with whatever she was doing, I was showing my daughter a little toy car and a couple walked past and gave me this weird ass look.... it doesn't even amtter if she's crying or not..

Annettey19
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

It's just an embarrassing situation either way. Don't feel bad! It happens. They're just snoopy and annoying. :)

harmonious_17
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I get all sorts of looks when I go out, whether by myself or with my fiance. If I'm by myself they look at me like 'oh, there's another teenage slut who is a single mother because she just sleeps around'. Or if I'm with Tyler it's better, but they still give looks since we aren't yet married. It is so annoying. I'm just thankful that I have plenty of friends and family that know I'm a good mom.

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM

people are going to judge your parenting, ragardless of your age. 

Shyndi
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I get that when my son is crying. He wakes up early most of the time so between 12-5pm he is just crying or just not in the mood for things and they look at me & my son really really bad. They are children and that is what they do no matter what you try and do sometimes nothing helps. (If they look at you as a bad mom let them. Because you wouldn't be concerned about this if you were a bad mom I bet you are great!!) =D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)