Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is it wrong for me to want to leave the past behind

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey this is my first post. So I'm 18 on the first of July last year I gave birth to Larissa. In August Adrian and I got married. I lived in Chino he started at my school in 2011we didn't start dating till April 2011. Anyway his family lives in Newport Beach and are loaded. Adrian's working at his dads company so we moved to Newport. Now we have everything we could have dreamed of and are really happy. My sister called yesterday and said my mom wants to see me. There both not very nice people. My mom lives with her BF and likes to drink a bit to much plus is still living in the trailer she kicked me out of when i got pregnant. Am I wrong not wanting to have anything to do which her? My life is full of drama when shes in it.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Annettey19
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

No, there's nothing wrong with not wanting that! If you feel like it's just going to cause drama, it's not something you need to feel obligated to deal with. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM

No, there is nothing wrong with wanting to live your own life and leave past drama in the past.  (((hug))) and welcome to the group.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:50 PM
No. Sometimes you have to cut off bad people so you can live your life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AthenaGrace
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Definitely not wrong at all! Especially if she doesn't appear to have changed at all.

I don't speak to my mother or my father because of how they've treated me when things were bad. Things are great now and they both want in on it; but I just don't think they deserve to be a part of it. And if they decide to act the way they have in the past again, I wouldn't want my family exposed to that or hurt by it. I would love to rekindle our relationships and have everything be sunshine and rainbows, but I just don't trust them anymore and we certainly don't need the drama.

Often times certain people just can't be in other people's lives. It's unfortunate and sad, but true.

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM

idk. You can do it from afar. Start small, phone calls, letters, maybe try to wait and see if she changes but I also dont know the whole story. Im just big on family. If you dont feel thats possible, then no, its not wrong to move on. If you think shell always be like this and it will be unhealthy for you and your child, then you just do what you feel is best.

Theaterchick
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:17 PM
No not at all. If I got pregnant young and my mom kicked me out I wouldn't want to see her or have my baby around her. Do what'd best for ur family. U have ur own fam to worry about now and don't need any extra stuff
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adwarfstar
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

it's completely understandable. If it were me, there's no way I'd go back. It's just bad energy, and you don't need any of that. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)