Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My Boyfriend and I had a 'Talk'

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 8 Replies

So, my ex partner and I have been broken up for 7 months, though we were not really 'together' for about 6 months before that, it was one of those relationships you stick out for the sake of your kid, and then realise it's not worth it.

Anyway, I'm with a new fella. We've known each other for 13yrs (grew up around each other, parents were always friends etc). When we ran into each other again, it was, quite literally, love at second sight. We have spent a fair bit of time catching up on the 3 or so years that we haven't really been around each other.

He is kind, he is caring, he never raises his voice, he makes me laugh and smile and you know, all the great things that people tell us we will never find in a man.

We got to talking last night, I'd been daydreaming about weddings (now don't get me wrong, engagement is at least another 6 months away, and a wedding at least a year) and of course, having another baby (my daughter is about 15 months). We talked about what sort of wedding we would have, and how many children we would want, we also delved into what sort of hereditary things in the family there were that could be passed on. It was a really big talk, and it was amazing.

So obviously children is not a go ahead right now. We want to buy our own house before that, however if it happens, neither of us is worried. He has a great paying job, we don't want for anything, and I'm about to go back into study.

So I'll leave it as open for you to ask any questions you like. Actually, please do ask questions. I'm bored. SO is at work, and it's raining.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Best of luck to you both... I'm happy that you're happy finally!
AussieArcana
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:55 PM

It's amazing to actually be happy, and know you're allowed to be! Thank you very much :)

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Best of luck to you both... I'm happy that you're happy finally!

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM

well thats amzing! I hope you get everything you want!

cemcnair
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Welcome! Your new guy sounds amazing! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shawnny1996
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

best of luck he sounds like a good man to you and your kid 

AussieArcana
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting ittyprincess604:

well thats amzing! I hope you get everything you want!

AussieArcana
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Thanks.

Quoting cemcnair:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN