Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

how to tell my over proctective dad im pregnant??!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm 16 and I recently found out that I'm pregnant. But I don't know how to tell my dad bc he's overly protective and has quite a temper. I know I should come out and tell him but I don't know how! If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mossyoakmother
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM
You need to sit him down and let him know you need to have a Sirius talk and that he can not get mad. My father is over protective as well. He may suggest you get an abortion ( im not for it) or adoption. My step mother told me I need to abort my daughter the day after christmas. Im 22 and got prego at 19 with my son. Good luck best wishes.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Welcome to cm is your mom around if she is maybe the two of you could sit down with him and have a talk
CaitlynB
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Thank you guys, -mossyoakmom, i know he wont want me to abort it, he was a young parent himself.
-mommy_2_b, no, my mom isn't around much... she lives a few hours from me and hasn't really had much to do with me most of my life.
But my boyfriend is 20 , so I don't want to figure out a way to tell him without my stepmom wanting to prosecute him.. bc shes not best person in the world by any means....
ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Caitlyn, I am a young mother myself. I found out shortly after I turned 17 that I was pregnant. My mom who hasn't been in my life much either was some what over pro-tective at the time that I was afraid to tell her. I finally just came out and told her I needed to tell her something and let it out... needless to say she took it better then I thought. It is better that you tell them sooner than later but don't give in. If you are ready to be a mother then you are if your not there are other options... I don't agree with abortions but I am also not judgemental. Let me know how it goes hun, I am here for you.

tcrystal717
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I am also 16 & pregnant my boyfriend is 19.I was terrified to tell my dad,he doesn't have a bad temper but he is protective.I just came out & said it.He was angry & told my mom I should get an abortion but I am almost 5 months pregnant now & he's getting excited.It will take your dad time to adjust but remind him that this is his grandchild & imagine the first time he sees it.Also,prove to him that you & your baby's father are going to do the best you can to support your baby & be amazing parents.Cause even though your dad loves you & will love your baby,he's already raised you he doesn't wanna raise & financially support your child.
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM

he will cry.... oh lord will he get mad,, cry,, and dissappointed... but he will NEVER hate you...  he is your dad... he loves you... your step mom can not FORCE you to do anything... its your body and baby

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

ShaniCravin
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I got pregnant at 16 and was so scared to tell my parents, especially my dad because he is very also over protective and has a bad temper. I told my brother, sister and cousin first and one night I had all of them with me and I just told both of my parents. My dad stared at me for a long time and ran to the door, punched a whole in the wall and yelled. But after a while he said "Im over it. Let's have this baby." It wasn't always easy from that point on. But his anger lasted for a short period of time.
Just tell him, dear. You never know how he will react. Make sure you and your boyfriend have plans on how you will support the baby. Most importantly, make the decision that you think is best for you and the baby. Don't let anyone try to convince you to so something you don't want to. Best of luck :)
CaitlynB
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Thanks everybody! I appreciate the advice.
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Get it over with before he figures it out on his own.

adiwes9
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:33 PM
When I got pregnant I was 17, and I'm 19 now with a handsome 17 month old baby boy, Dominic. I sat my mom down, and told her I had to tell her some things. I told her I was pregnant, and she surprisingly took it better than I thought as well. She suggested adoption, but abortion never came out of her mouth. She helped me through a lot. I remember when I told me dad, he started crying, and wanted to go find Dominic's father, but after he cooled down, he was very supported and loved me through the whole pregnancy. And still to this day loves me and my son. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)