Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Have you ever had a problem?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

With your ex husband/baby daddy like this one that I am fixing to go into detail about... After my son was only a few weeks old my ex and I split up and divorced. I was young and still kind of am (not even 21 yet) & had no one to turn to. No family & no friends... no advice at all. We decided joint custody would be the best so that Our Son could know both sides of his family. In our divorce papers I get our son from Sunday at 5p.m til Thursday at 5p.m. My ex gets him from Thursday at 5p.m til Sunday at 5p.m. Holdiays are as follows if he is with me on Christmas, Thanksgiving, or The 4th Of July My ex gets him from 12 in the afternoon til 8 that night. If my ex has him then I get him on those holidays from 12 in the afternoon to 8 that night... My sons 3rd Birthday is coming up on April 1st and it falls on my day. My ex didn't let me get any extra time with our son last year on our sons birthday which his birthday was on a Sunday. It doesn't say any where in the divorce papers that we have to share him on his birthday. I think that we should. But my ex refuses to add me on facebook but his new wife insists she be on mine. With my work schedule being the way it is I am actually off the monday my son turns 3, so I booked his birthday party at a jump place in the nearest town and posted the day and place of his party but asked my facebook friends what time would be more convenient for them seeing as how most of them have children in school... well his wife told him I posted that his party was going to be on the actually day of his birthday and he text off her phone saying well you could have asked me about it first because I had plans with him from 12 in the afternoon til 8 that night because it is my time. I informed him that I read the divorce papers before I posted any thing on facebook and that no he doesn't get him from 12 to 8 that day because it is on my day and it is my only day off til that following weekend and I am not waiting til a week after his birthday to throw him a party, it would be un-fair to him. But I had already decided (before he sent me the text) I was going to let our son stay with him Sunday night so he could spend the morning of his Birthday at my ex's house with his family and they could drop him off at his party so I could decorate and get everything ready so it would be perfect. My ex is being a jerk about it still. & the funny thing is, is he hasn't tried communicating with me in a good way at all these last 3 years and I feel like he should try to talk to me more. Him and My Husband didn't have a child together and Me and His Wife didn't have a child together... It was us! We should communicate a lot more but he avoids it. I called him again today about the situation and asked him if he could meet me this coming Sunday when I go to pick up Our Son from the town they live in... & asked if he could meet me alone at the park and that I would also be alone. That it will just be Him, Our Son, & Myself. So he can talk to me face to face without his wife putting her 2 cents in on every thing and without my husband getting bull headed... I want us to have a better relationship for Our Sons sake and the new babies that are also involved on both sides of the fence if ya'll know what I mean. All four of us should be on the same page and always be civil no matter the circumstances. I just wish that him and his new wife would see where I am coming from... What do you guys think about My Sons Birthday Situation? & On the over all situation? Am I really that bad of a person... and Am I in the Wrong?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

youre notwrong... he didnt give u extra time  and you checked... you are in the right,, hes a jack ass with what seems  like a bitch for a wife

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Thank you, I just feel bad like I am the bad person in the situation :( even though I try my hardest to make every thing work...

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

youre notwrong... he didnt give u extra time  and you checked... you are in the right,, hes a jack ass with what seems  like a bitch for a wife

mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM

do not feel bad unless you did something wrong... you didnt... my husband went through this shit with his ex rebefore she ended her life... she hated me so much that she was ruining his life but i ALWAYS stayed out of their business because that was  their child... now im the only mom figure she ahas... but we stillstill talk and let her know her mom loved her... it is hard being a parent but also hard being a step parent but the step parentparent needs to stayout of any major decisions...

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Thank you, I just feel bad like I am the bad person in the situation :( even though I try my hardest to make every thing work...

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

ok dont take this the wrong way, but regardless of whos day it is technically, its still your sons birthday. Why cant you both just be at his party? 

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

My husband gives me his input but stays out of it completely. Which I am thankful for. I just can't help but be afraid that my ex is going to try & take me to court if I don't let him have things his way... he is intimadating :(

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

do not feel bad unless you did something wrong... you didnt... my husband went through this shit with his ex rebefore she ended her life... she hated me so much that she was ruining his life but i ALWAYS stayed out of their business because that was  their child... now im the only mom figure she ahas... but we stillstill talk and let her know her mom loved her... it is hard being a parent but also hard being a step parent but the step parentparent needs to stayout of any major decisions...

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I invited them to my sons party & they refused. The last 3 years we have had seperate parties because my ex refuses to come. He always finds an excuse to say no. Him & his new wife have never invited us to the parties they have through for him or my husband & I would have went.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

ok dont take this the wrong way, but regardless of whos day it is technically, its still your sons birthday. Why cant you both just be at his party? 

ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

well than in that case, if he cant suck it up and stop being a baby, dont feel bad at all. Its your day to have your DS, he can have a party or whatever for him on one of the days he has him.

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

I invited them to my sons party & they refused. The last 3 years we have had seperate parties because my ex refuses to come. He always finds an excuse to say no. Him & his new wife have never invited us to the parties they have through for him or my husband & I would have went.

Quoting ittyprincess604:

Pregnancy Ticker

mommyof2andTTC
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM

he might but you have done nothing w wrong so don't let him intimidate you! there is nothing in the agreement and start recording everything that you two  about when and what time... My mil had to do this with dh dad... but he couldn't take her to court for anything... 

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

My husband gives me his input but stays out of it completely. Which I am thankful for. I just can't help but be afraid that my ex is going to try & take me to court if I don't let him have things his way... he is intimadating :(

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I am just hurt by the whole situation. My DS deserves better than this...

Quoting ittyprincess604:

well than in that case, if he cant suck it up and stop being a baby, dont feel bad at all. Its your day to have your DS, he can have a party or whatever for him on one of the days he has him.

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Quoting ittyprincess604:

ElysMommy4.1.10
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM

That is a good idea, I guess I am going to start keeping a journal. He has kept him away from me on my time & is also trying to start issues on where our son is going to school & such. I am under so much stress

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

he might but you have done nothing w wrong so don't let him intimidate you! there is nothing in the agreement and start recording everything that you two  about when and what time... My mil had to do this with dh dad... but he couldn't take her to court for anything... 

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Quoting ElysMommy4.1.10:

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)