Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Housing assistance? kinda lng plz read..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hi.... I was wondering if there were any kind of programs that assist teen parents.. I'll b 20 next week and my spouse will b 21 later this year... we was approved for an apartment been on the waiting list since may of last year.. and finally an apartment was available.. everything would have been finalized next week but to my surprise we weren't able to get it bcuz we aren't 21... which I think is crazy we are adults with kids.... trying to make it out here in this world... I am highly upset and frustrated bcuz I waited all this time and couldn't even GET it... I blame the landlord for not telling me from the start the age requirements...etc... my spouse recently lost his Job as a mail carrier.. and I am off maternity leave waiting on my jib to start back hiring.. we are living with our parents and we are ready for our own place bcuz our parents have a bunch of rules and ready for us to move... we are ready to move but not financially able... plz help...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gcstar42
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I would check into HUD housing. I have no idea if they have an age limit. But in all honesty if you can't afford it I would suck it up and continue living with your parents as long as possible. I know it sucks (my kids and I have been living with my parents for close to 2 yrs now) but it might be for the best.

eds6619
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Good luck.  I have no idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)