Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

TRAGEDY

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my best friends house burnt down last night and she now has NOTHING im trying to help her the best i can but can only do so much when im poor. Does anyone out there not places i could get free baby stuff or stuff for her. Shes a young mom, only 17 years old and now nothing but her son and the little bit of clothes and stuff i have been able to get for her. Any suggestions.

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SpaceKitty
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Churches. Especially decent sized ones can usually help. The government will probably be able to as well. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nonnarae
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM

The REDCROSS usually can help! hugs

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Red Cross, Salvation Army, good will, local churches. Hugs!! I hope they recover soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM
What the pp have said. Also look on Craigslist. You can usually find a ton if free things on there or even cheap baby stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM

OH wow. I'm so sorry.

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

there are often community agencies set up for this sort of things....red cross is always helpful for fires.

Steph.Rose
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM

redcross have..they got them a hotel room for now

ragitty
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Any churches should jump at the opportunity to help out. If there is a catholic charitees or Advice & Aid center they are fantastic sources. Advice & Aid is all about helping young moms and offering free parenting classes and help for struggling parents. They would love any opportunity to help when needed. My church is always really good at this sort of stuff, too.

Salvation Army is another good place to turn for help. They helped my mil a lot when her house burned down a few years ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)