Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy in-laws?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 22 Replies
I live with my in-laws and it feels like it's a mental house between crazy kids who never act normal and bipolar parents who won't go on meds I can't see how my husband came out so normal. Share with me your crazy in-laws story and let's get a laugh out it ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My MIL (who we don't speak to) is on drugs. Literally. She needs to be locked up!
Dilara
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Ha not fun! Luckily mine isn't

Quoting cemcnair:

My MIL (who we don't speak to) is on drugs. Literally. She needs to be locked up!

5PointedHuman
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

My Father in Law is a homeless, psychotic drug addict with a taste for very young girls. We don't speak to him at all. My husband's cousins and aunts will not speak to me, because apparently *I* am the reason that my husband does not speak to his father. It couldn't possibly be the abuse, the drugs or the pedophilic tendencies. Nope. It must be me.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
They always want someone to blame. It is NOT you (I know you know that, but sometimes it helps to hear it)

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

My Father in Law is a homeless, psychotic drug addict with a taste for very young girls. We don't speak to him at all. My husband's cousins and aunts will not speak to me, because apparently *I* am the reason that my husband does not speak to his father. It couldn't possibly be the abuse, the drugs or the pedophilic tendencies. Nope. It must be me.

Dilara
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Don't you just love when you get blamed for other people's faults

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Oh I do my best to stay away from mine.  They are NUTS as well and I hate my kids around them.

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Yeah...I'd be staying away from him.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

jeanmonkey
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I'm lucky enough to have only slightly crazy in-laws, but my poor sister's are completely insane. 3 of her 4 kids aren't biologically hers, so their mother is always trying to get the courts to give them to her, and generally make her life h-e-double hockey sticks. The problem is, is that her in-laws completely side with that woman, who is just a terrible person all together. Just to give you guys a peek into the crap she does, its from drugs, to neglect, to just idiocy like how she steals my sister's family pictures and just cuts her out and pretends she never existed. I really do wish there weren't so many crazy people.

Dilara
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM
It's crazy the family's you marry into!

Quoting jeanmonkey:

I'm lucky enough to have only slightly crazy in-laws, but my poor sister's are completely insane. 3 of her 4 kids aren't biologically hers, so their mother is always trying to get the courts to give them to her, and generally make her life h-e-double hockey sticks. The problem is, is that her in-laws completely side with that woman, who is just a terrible person all together. Just to give you guys a peek into the crap she does, its from drugs, to neglect, to just idiocy like how she steals my sister's family pictures and just cuts her out and pretends she never existed. I really do wish there weren't so many crazy people.

liams_mama12
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I hate my in laws. I guess that's mean but living with them sucks ass. My fil isn't that bad but my mil is psycho ! She has all these mood swings and she tends to catch an attitude really quick. We're moving March 6th thank God ! So now I can catch an attitude back without worrying about her starting drama because I live with her haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)