Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nasty weather...again.

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 13 Replies

We're supposed to get nasty weather again tonight and into tomorrow. I'm just praying for another snow day.  I was spoiled last week with my oldest home for 2 days and no babysitting kid.  IT was nice!!!

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
They go back and forth on how much we will get so I guess we shall see...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Well they've called all the schools around us, but not us yet.  Crossing my fingers.

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

still waiting...........................

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Well they called public school!!! Woohoo....still waiting on them to call my dd's school..
PEEK05
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM

We had zero snow this winter. :(

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM

And I refreshed over and over and finally it came up.  Woohoo.

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM

We had Thurs and Friday off last week bc of it and its already getting nasty out there now.

Quoting PEEK05:

ragitty
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I go to a school that has had, on average, one snow day every 4 years since it opened. We have had 3 snow days in the past 5 days now (they just cancelled classes for tomorrow because we are supposed to get blizzard-like conditions tonight). I also had 2 snow days two years ago--the first snow days at the school since the 80s. These snow days would be much more exciting if I hadn't already had all my classes cancelled all 3 days for other reasons and if I didn't have the biggest project of my college career due in less than 2 weeks because ds goes to an on-campus daycare. When campus is closed so is the daycare so I can't get any work done.

ragitty
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM

The private schools I went to growing up always automatically cancelled school if any of the local districts cancelled because we had students from all over the metro area and they wanted to be fair to everyone as far as getting there safely. Always fun watching the cancellation reports growing up :)

Quoting eds6619:

Well they called public school!!! Woohoo....still waiting on them to call my dd's school..

ragitty
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Where are you from?

Quoting eds6619:

We had Thurs and Friday off last week bc of it and its already getting nasty out there now.

Quoting PEEK05:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)