Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Struggling.. Warning: Long post

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hey,
I'm new to this site so I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Sarah and my lo is Tristan an he's two months old. I come from a family of 13 (not counting my mom and dad) so I'm used to a lot of people all the time. But I live with my boyfriends mom right now, because my mom and seven of my siblings are homeless and are staying at a friends house while they try to scrape up some money for a house to rent. And I'm alone when she and her husband are at work during the day.
I can't live with my boyfriend because we don't have our own place, he lives with his friend from middle school who owns his own house and he lets Kyle (my boyfriend) stay rent free. Kyle is in school getting a degree that will allow him to work with 3D printers and his program has a 90% hiring rate upon graduation. So before he even graduates he should be getting job offers.
In the meantime I am a stay at home mom and I used to work, and it's been hard adjusting to staying home alone with just my son.
I lived with my mom and my siblings up until we were evicted from our home while I was still pregnant and I needed to have a secure semi permanent place to raise the lo. I'm struggling with severe loneliness and mild depression as I don't have my license yet and the weather has been too nasty for walks recently. I can use my boyfriends moms car as soon as I'm licensed but since I don't have a job, I won't have any money so I need some suggestions on things I could do to stay sane and still get out and about without spending money.
Sorry this post was so long.
I'm hoping to make some friends because I'm shy and making friends isn't easy for me normally.. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy1022526
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I get lonely too at home all alone. Try arranging playdates or something.

erinmomofone
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group feel free to message me I am Erin I am 19 and have a 5 year old daughter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmym0nster
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

PINTEREST or thisiswhyimbroke.com.... keep busy online with sites that spark creativity. pinterest saved me when I was feeling depressed. 

myriam9191
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:44 AM

hey. im looking for a friend too beleive me . i am only 8 weeks but the dad is a deadbeat and made clear he does not want to be involved so its emotionnally stressful and finding someone to talk to would definitely help.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Hugs! Is there a library nearby where you could meet other moms?
eds6619
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Awww I'm sorry you are lonely.  I'm here for you.  I have a van and am married with two kids....I can get out and I still struggle with loneliness.

eds6619
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Is there a MOPS group nearby that will have someone come and pick you up for their meetings?

KatieJune17
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Go to those indoor play warehouses, and just get chatting. A lot of us feel like that, I haven't got my little boy quite yet, but I won't have a clue what to do when I do in regards to meeting other mums. Just try different places, chin up. :-) Confidence is key to all this I guess, so whilst you might be shy, think you're basically not going to get anywhere if you don't TRY to make friends, and I'm sure that'll be motivation enough to get out and try. :-)

MamaBearSexton
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Checked out Pinterest. I am now addicted lol..

Quoting m0mmym0nster:

PINTEREST or thisiswhyimbroke.com.... keep busy online with sites that spark creativity. pinterest saved me when I was feeling depressed. 

MamaBearSexton
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Hey. :)
I'm sorry about the baby daddy, but he obviously wasn't good enough or he would have stuck around and loved on you and your expected little one.

Quoting myriam9191:

hey. im looking for a friend too beleive me . i am only 8 weeks but the dad is a deadbeat and made clear he does not want to be involved so its emotionnally stressful and finding someone to talk to would definitely help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)