Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

It's really frustrating

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
Not being 18 yet. I feel so stuck. I graduated early back in October but i wont recieve my high school dipolma until June. I've been looking for a job for a while and not having my hs diploma has posed some problems for employers who tell me to just wait two more months until I'm 18 and then re-apply. I know it's only two months but it's taking foreeeeever. On top of that my parents wanted me to wait until I'm 18 before I can get my driver's license but they won't teach me to drive :/ I won't be starting college until September so I'm seriously home all the time and I can't take it! I need to get things done. I hate having to burden others and rely on them to get things done for me and my daughter. I should be doing things for her myself because it's my responsibility but I feel like I'm not doing enough. I love spending time with my baby but I have such a need to start doing things to better our future.
Okay I'm finished withy vent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBearSexton
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Oh girl I know how you feel. I'm eighteen, I'll be nineteen in a few months but I can't drive yet and it sucks having to always rely on people to go anywhere. I just wanna go somewhere with my son by ourselves.
ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I know how you feel, I was there too! What type of places are you applying too? Fast food places, though not the best jobs, might be more willing and its better than nothing.
jeanmonkey
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean with the driver license thing. I was well on my way of getting mine when i was 17 but then I had a hard time finding time, money for gas, and someone to teach me. I was in drivers ed in high school but the stupid teacher didn't actually teach. He just fell asleep some mornings or otherwise just sat there silent. I tried once and failed since I had to use my sister's car, but I've never actually driven it before that so I failed the parallel parking. I still can't parallel park and now I like with my bf and he drives a standard (I really am hopeless at it) and the laws changed and I don't have enough proofs of residency's. Then the 911 numbers changed our address so we have to change everything first. And on top of all that, my eyes went bad (at 19) and I need to buy glasses before I can take the test again, since I can't read signs now. Its just one thing after another. You're def not alone in that.

ShaniCravin
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Exactly! It sucks not being able to just go somewhere whenever you want. Especially when you really need something and you have to wait on someone take you

Quoting MamaBearSexton:

Oh girl I know how you feel. I'm eighteen, I'll be nineteen in a few months but I can't drive yet and it sucks having to always rely on people to go anywhere. I just wanna go somewhere with my son by ourselves.

ShaniCravin
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I've been applying at all kinds of places lol. I applied to some stores at the mall today and I'm going to apply to McDonald's tomorrow! Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting ittyprincess604:

I know how you feel, I was there too! What type of places are you applying too? Fast food places, though not the best jobs, might be more willing and its better than nothing.

ShaniCravin
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I'm sorry you've had to go through so much already! I hope things look up for you soon :)

Quoting jeanmonkey:

I know EXACTLY what you mean with the driver license thing. I was well on my way of getting mine when i was 17 but then I had a hard time finding time, money for gas, and someone to teach me. I was in drivers ed in high school but the stupid teacher didn't actually teach. He just fell asleep some mornings or otherwise just sat there silent. I tried once and failed since I had to use my sister's car, but I've never actually driven it before that so I failed the parallel parking. I still can't parallel park and now I like with my bf and he drives a standard (I really am hopeless at it) and the laws changed and I don't have enough proofs of residency's. Then the 911 numbers changed our address so we have to change everything first. And on top of all that, my eyes went bad (at 19) and I need to buy glasses before I can take the test again, since I can't read signs now. Its just one thing after another. You're def not alone in that.

emilyelephant
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

It's refreshing to see that you're not doing anything because you literally CAN'T. You're not pulling that "I know I need to work but I don't have a car" kinda crap.  I think anyone over 21 can teach you to drive (don't quote me), I don't see the point in them wanting you to wait.  2 months isn't too long and I'm sure everything will fall into place after that. :)

Toonkasmommy
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Story of my life :/ But it does get better.
HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM

gosh i feel you on that one. i felt that way when i was pregnant at 15 and i still feel that way at 19!! your just SUPER eager and there is nothing that will stress you out more than constantly saying that to yourself. slow down take it day by day and trust me itll come faster than you think!! not everything gets to moving around 18 either, the wants and necessities just build up and your need to want to do better will keep raising higher.

I am FT college, part time job with work on the side and my dh works full time. it is STILL hard to move forward, getting a place or a car. getting there is just the start there are SOOO many steps until you actually finish :)

**and i also STILL cannot drive lol that is the most frustrating thing to me. my parents refused to teach me and therefore screwed me over in that area. so i walked wherever i needed to be!! Do what you can now to learn to drive because dear God it will bite you later**

ShaniCravin
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Thank you very much! I really appreciate that someone is noticing my efforts :) haha. My boyfriend and my brother told me they would be glad to teach me so that's a great start lol. But yeah thanks again, hopefully everything will work out :)

Quoting emilyelephant:

It's refreshing to see that you're not doing anything because you literally CAN'T. You're not pulling that "I know I need to work but I don't have a car" kinda crap.  I think anyone over 21 can teach you to drive (don't quote me), I don't see the point in them wanting you to wait.  2 months isn't too long and I'm sure everything will fall into place after that. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)