Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

opinions please

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 11 Replies

My ittle girl is about 3 weeks old and doesnt hardly sleep at night. I try my best to make her comfy at night so she will sleep but it doesnt work. She seeps all day and is awake at night. Any ideas on how to switch her from night to day?

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM
It's normal at this age. Try to keep it brighter during the day and dark at night. Have you considered co sleeping to help her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Completely normal. This is how it is when you're a mom. Don't expect to have a good nights sleep until your child moves out lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM
It's normal. 3 weeks is still really young! Try your best to keep her up and stimulated later in the evening, like after 5 so come 9 or so or whenever you go to bed, she's ready to sleep.
truckwife
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Today she also didnt want me puttin her down. I had to hold her all day in the recliner. Could it be because she might be sick or what? Sorry im a new mom and im worried.
cemcnair
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Probably not. Babies want to be held and nurtured. Do you have a sling or anything so you can wear her?

Quoting truckwife:

Today she also didnt want me puttin her down. I had to hold her all day in the recliner. Could it be because she might be sick or what? Sorry im a new mom and im worried.
truckwife
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM
No. Just my arms. I didnt know they made a sling till just recently. I also didnt know if it was normal for her to need held all day unless she was sick.
HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM

shes fine and its completely normal :) she just has her nights and days mixed up! 

they'll happen often and they get over it naturally. when it does happen you can help by setting a distinct difference in the room from night and day. during the day stay lively, keep lights on, music on, toys going and more, but when night falls, let her see you putting them away, shutting off the lights, setting calm music, and switching the mood. 

shes young, but they understand!

HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM

babies are very needy and clingy when it comes to love/comfort/closeness.

She wants to be held and that yound they love to be snuggles all the time!!

try swaddling her at night, hold her til she sleeps!

Quoting truckwife:

No. Just my arms. I didnt know they made a sling till just recently. I also didnt know if it was normal for her to need held all day unless she was sick.

Henrysmomma0915
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Look at it this way... She was just "held" by you for 9 months. All she heard was the sound if your heartbeat and blood rushing through your veins and she felt warm 24/7 inside you. Then she came into this world and has no idea what is going on. It's natural for her to want to be as close to you as she can get. :) get a sling or wrap and hold her often. It won't be long before she doesn't want to be held anymore:

Quoting truckwife:

truckwife
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Ok thank you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)