Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I the only one?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
At least twice a year your child (ren) get tons of presents. Am I the only one who tries to put almost like rules on what my child is allowed to recieve? Like, I dont want him getting legos or anything with small pieces. My husband ignored me and bought legos anyways for christmas and now I find little legos laying around EVERYWHERE! I also dont want big toys. I cannot tell you how much I stress to all the relatives how hard it is to store huge toys in a two bedroom apartment, but of course we always end up lugging at least one giant car track or electric car or even giant teddy bears. They are all great toys and my son loves them all, I just have no room nor patience to clean it all up everyday. Maybe im just being selfish but those are the only restrictions I have other than no beebee guns until I think hes mature enough to handle them. Does anyone else do this or am I just crazy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jauroramarie
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Well what kind of toys can he have if not small ones or big ones?
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

We try to offer suggestions for things he needs instead of telling people what not to get. I also donate things that I don't want in my house to daycare or Salvation Army :)

I have a TINY house, I don't feel bed about having to clean out toys every now and then.

NicholeJirik
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM
the only ristriction i have is no dora (i hate the show)and i donate some of her toys right before her birthday and Christmas.
eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

yup hate dora too!!!

Quoting NicholeJirik:

the only ristriction i have is no dora (i hate the show)and i donate some of her toys right before her birthday and Christmas.

NicholeJirik
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

my daughter only has one thing thats dora and its her potty seat (the one you put on the toilet) and i got that for free so i wasnt going to argue lol

Quoting eds6619:

yup hate dora too!!!

Quoting NicholeJirik:

vinny25
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Its the tiny itty bitty pieces of toys that are a pain, like I said legos. He can have toy cars trains and stuffed animals just nothing gigantic. I usually tell them he likes cars and trains but we really dont need anything huge.

And I do usually 'clean out' his toys a month or so before his birthday and Christmas, that way we have room for his new ones.

Quoting jauroramarie:

Well what kind of toys can he have if not small ones or big ones?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

i dont we have enough room tho. and if i got something i dont want for the kids or i know they would not play with i would exchange

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)