Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

baby shower games!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
My mom and I have planned my baby shower and it is in five days, but we completely forgot to plan any games!!! Like how could we forget something so major?? Any quick and easy ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
K_mama4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Do the diaper game where you put different chocolate bars in the diaper melted. It resembles messy poop but your guest have to guess what chocolate bar it is. We did this at my baby shower it was hilarious!
Delise153
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Play songs with BABY in the title- and people have to guess what the name is.

cemcnair
by Courtney on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Get clothes pins and everyone gets one when they walk in the door. They can't say the word baby or someone else can steal their pin. Whoever has the most pins, wins!
Firenygirl180
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Google baby shower game printouts. You can look at the samples and then type them into word and print for free. You may have to figure out the answers on your own if you do it that way, but it's basically free.

That's what i did for mine. I found like 6 games that i could figure out answers to and did those. Then i did the baby game where everyone had a necklace and they weren't supposed to say baby.
eds6619
by Emily on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I don't think many do games anymore.

eds6619
by Emily on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

try pinterest

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM

The clothes pin one. Prepare a list of children's books, take quotes from them and have guests guess which book they came from. Not a game but really fun is to buy onesies and puff paints and have every guest decorate a onesie for the baby.

imablowe
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

We played like 10 games at my baby shower and plus I have 4 kids so we have used a lot of games.  LOL

• Instead of using chocolate in the diapers we used baby food, so the guests had to guess which baby food was in the diaper.
  • We did a string test to measure the mother's belly and all the guests cut the string to the length in which they thought was long enough to wrap the belly once and whoever got the closet to the actual size of the belly won.
  • We did a word scramble and mixed up the letters in from different baby items and we did include the baby's name scrambled up as well.
  • We also played a game with trivia questions about the mother-to-be, father-to-be, and baby-to-be.  Questions could include your due date, where you and the father met, your favorite food/biggest pregnancy craving, baby's middle name, etc...
  • Another game is to make a list of items women carry in their purses (lipstick, pens, candy, credit cards, change, mirror, etc...) and call out the items to which the women place on the table and whoever has the most items from your list wins.
  • Lastly, you could play the candy bar game, in which you give the definitions, slogan, or descriptions of 10-20 candy/candy bars/snacks and the guests have to guess the actual name of the candy such as ("taste the rainbow" = skittles) or ("two for me none for you" = twix) or ("once you pop, the fun don't stop" = pringles)

Hope this helps and that you have fun.  I love baby shower games.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)