Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Morning sickness

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
I wake up at least 4 days a week filling sick I hate it!!. Is there anything that could help so my whole day is not horible?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
alexsmomma06
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep a glass of water and some saltines by the bed. Eat some and drink the water before you ever get out of bed.

Try peppermint, they sometimes help.

I found that heavy starches- mainly potato's helped keep the nausea away later on in pregnancy.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I agree with eating before you get up. You could also try eating a little snack in the middle of the night.
Ginger beer is good too, reeds is one brand I know of and no, its not alcoholic . Not that ginger ale crap, there's no ginger in it.
You could try preggie pops too, they're supposed to be helpful.
cemcnair
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Try peppermint tea.

Nicole1357
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

peppermint helps. Also you may want to try saltines. Snacking in between meals and breaking up your meals in to six small meals instead of 3 large ones. Good luck momma! 

Ashtonsmommy21
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Eat toast or crackers before you even sit up in bed.  Eat frequent snacks too throughout the day.  When I was pregnant if I would even start to get hungry I would get sick.  

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM

1. some man named it "morning" sickness, because his wife was sick in the morning and by the time he got home from work, she seemed to be feeling better.  The vast majority of women (according to info from my ob's office) complain about feeling sick ALL DAY LONG.

2. try eating light, start with crackers or dry toast and water or light tea (chamomile is best, making that double strength can help settle the stomach).  Avoid starting with foods that are difficult to digest like fruits and veggies (but do try to get them in when you're feeling better; they're REALLY important).

I LIVED ON tums for four of my pregnancies.  (I miscarried the fifth one).

September2013
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM
My obgyn said that water, and Gatorade works pretty well.. To bring up ur sugar levels.. Good luck i get night sickness the most :( but also in the am and sometimes even the afternoon. Lite sacks help crackers, pop sickles, n salty chips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN