• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i prefer friends with children, does that make me a bad person?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 15 Replies

ok so i have a few friends that both have kids and dont, but my issue is that with my friends that dont have children they just dont seem to want to relax at home and play with my little girl (she is 2). then my friends with kids understand how it is to not be able to jump at a moments notice to do some random stuff. and they dont rly like doing things that are kid friendly. but i feel bad about that fact that i would rather spend time with my friends with kids. does anyone else feel this way?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annasmom1234
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

It's just normal.  I suspect that your friends without kids probably feel just as uncomfortable, and no, they won't understand until they have their own kids.  You're not a bad person at all!!!!

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Nope. I think it's normal. It's not something that many kidless people understand.

BlondeMommy18
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

No not at all, I think thats completely normal. I am exactly the same way!

Mel0dy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I also feel the same way. I think its normal though 

eds6619
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I think its natural to want to spend time with people who are "like" you.

PriestMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

yeah its not easy when others dont understand what motherhood is about..although if they are a true friend they should have the brains to get it and understand. I'm there with you. I prefer it that way. I would rather have both my child and myself entertained. When just an adult friend is over for you its hard to focus on them and your child without cutting them off every 10 seconds cuz your kid needs your, or you feel you need to check on your kid. But I do have very FEW friends that are mature enough and that have been around kids that will come and hang out at my house and not be bothered by me being busy with my kid. They even help or play with her.

KayyCeeJayy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM

no! I know how you feel. Being a mom and understanding moms is just a MOM thing. People without kids or people who don't spend and value to.e with their kids wouldn't get it. I look for friends with kids and being 19 that's kinda hard. But you're not bad for feeling that way. Those without kids can be your friends you go to a girls night with

briebaby123
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I agree, and it doesn't make us bad people...
I have 2 really close friends : 1 has 3 kids, the other just got engaged and has 0 kids.
The one with 3 kids TOTALLY understands, and we do kid friendly things, and enjoy just sitting at home talking and watching everyone. And if my dd does something that babies DO, she doesn't freak out, she helps me out/laughs

My friend with 0 kids gets annoyed when I can't find a babysitter, and goes, "Is she supposed to do/sound/be like that!!?

AverysMomma10
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM

i feel the same way but i only do because i am 18. all my "friends" that dont have babies..which is most of them..just want to drink, party, and be irresponsible. not something im interested in.

capmonkey93
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quoting KayyCeeJayy:

no! I know how you feel. Being a mom and understanding moms is just a MOM thing. People without kids or people who don't spend and value to.e with their kids wouldn't get it. I look for friends with kids and being 19 that's kinda hard. But you're not bad for feeling that way. Those without kids can be your friends you go to a girls night with

im 19 as well so not too many friends have children or if do tthey are only a few months old where as my little girl is 2 so there is also the fact that i have to watch her every move aroumd such little ones
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)