• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 & Pregnant Needed Someones Help

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm 17 & I'm Roughly 8 Weeks Pregnant. I Love My Baby So Much Already I'm Pushing My Future To Give My Child One. It's Hard Looking For Jobs & My Family isn't Supportive Of Me Keeping My Unborn. I Say Things Are Hard Now i Wish i Had Help Or Someone To Talk To
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vibrantsmiles
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey,

I got pregnant when i was 18 and some of my family were supportive and some of them werent. Sometimes thats just how things are, but if your determined to keep your baby you need to start thinking of a game plan.

KatieKramer94
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant at 16, had my DD at 17. I'm now almost 19 with my beautiful 18 month old.

you can talk to me if you'd like. Ive been where you are. You need to finish high school and get a job for your babys sake. Don't ever give up.. is the babys dad in the picture?

If you feel comfortable adding me on facebook you can.. as I'm not on here all that much.

BlondeMommy18
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello. I know how hard this is. I got pregnant when I was 13 and had my first daughter when I was 14. It's quite a journey, but its so worth it. You need to figure out what you want, and then make your descision. Its up to you and no one else. You can message me anytime if you need to talk:) My name is Kaylie

haidensmommy716
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel...I got pregnant when I was 18 (found out at 8 weeks)...alot of my family members didn't approve of me keeping my baby but I did anyways...and now I have a happy 7 mos old who everyone loves so much...if you think you can take care of your baby then do it..start job sreaching now  and do not give up hope( i started my job search when I was 4 mos pregnant and didnt get my first job until last month) I hope the best for you!!!

liams_mama12
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope everything works out for you and your baby :) I'm here if you ever need to talk. I didn't get pregnant at 17, I was 20 so it's def an age difference but I had to go thru my fair share of struggles and at times it wasn't easy but now everything is just right. I'm here if you need some advice.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
MillerBabies
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Id Love To Talk To You & Get Some Feed Back On My Situations So What's Your Face Book Name

Quoting KatieKramer94:

I got pregnant at 16, had my DD at 17. I'm now almost 19 with my beautiful 18 month old.

you can talk to me if you'd like. Ive been where you are. You need to finish high school and get a job for your babys sake. Don't ever give up.. is the babys dad in the picture?

If you feel comfortable adding me on facebook you can.. as I'm not on here all that much.

AverysMomma10
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this

i got pregnant at 17 as well. baby daddy wanted nothing to do with me or my unborn child. i would suggest definitely looking into applying for WIC. WIC helped me out so much and still do. they provide you with all the healthy foods you need to grow a perfect baby(: lol. and you would not believe the amount of formula they pay for after baby arrives. almost $200 a month! helps sooooo much. my son has started drinking more formula than they provide for me monthly, but imagine what i'd have to pay if they didn't help out at all! 

as for the future situation, i wanted to attend Cosmetology school before i was pregnant. when i found out i was pregnant, i decided against it. i would have started school a month before i was due and would have missed a lot. but school will always be there! so i got a part time job at a hospital and im making just enough for my son and i to get by. things will get stressful, but once you see that gorgeous baby's face for the first time, it will all get better. times will be hard, but thats what parenting is all about. you will be amazed how much a little baby can teach you. i have never be so responsible in my whole life(: i love my son with every inch of my heart, and although i absolutely HATE the baby daddy, i never regret dating that idiot. if i wouldn't have dated him, i wouldn't have my wonderful son..(: 

make your own decisions as a mother, && don't let anyone tell you what to do.
<3 

m0mmym0nster
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

The sooner you find a job the better, honestly once you hit 12 weeks and start to show a tad bit no one will want to hire you becasue of the time they need to give you off. speaking from experience. 

BlessedMommy312
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi sweetie, I recommend wic also. They help out so much with healthy eating during pregnancy and after you have your baby they help with food for your baby. Get on Medicaid now so you can get into a Obgyn and get all your check ups during your pregnancy. I know your probably scared don't be. You can do this! I'm sorry your family don't support your decision now to keep your baby. Once that baby is born they will love it so much and forget about the horrible things they said to you. Plz finish high school regardless how you choose to do it. Its the best thing you can do for your baby right now and forever. Get a job in the mean time. Fast food may be your bet because of how young you are right now. Most fast food companies have a maternity leave or a personal leave you can take. I did with Kfc. And when your leave is over you still have your
job. I hope the daddy will be on your baby's life. But if he isn't yes its a sad thing but he may not be any good for the baby. Or he's scared to death and needs his space(meaning he'll come around eventually ). Either way having a baby is the most rewarding thing ever. That beautiful life will love you unconditionally no matter what. Its awesome! Difficult, tiring, rewarding, scary but so worth it! God bless you sweetie! I wish you a easy pregnancy with no complications. Take care!
cemcnair
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Welcome to the group-it can be very supportive in here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)