Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What helps stretch marks?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

I have been using cocoa butter but doesnt seem to be helping they r really bad is there anything that will make them go away or at least lighten them.  Its a deep purple/red now

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyelephant
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Youcan't make them go away. My friend is using bio oil and hers have faded a lot, but they also significantly fade with time and she has a one year old so she's not sure if the bio oil actually has anything to do with it. Just give it some time.

cRystienah
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I used the Palmers Cocoa Butter and imo.. It didnt help at all. I pretty much gave up and they have faded over the past couple years. To the point that I really cant see them anymore. I use lots and lots of lotion if that helps? Lol. But now that Im thinking about it, Ive saw several things on Pinterest about it so try looking there. maybe you will be able to find something that works!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Time:-) Mine were pretty dark but now they are skin color. They are scars so you could try Mederma or Bio oil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Cocoa butter is to help PREVENT them

Mederma lotion helped mine fade ALOT!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayasdaughter
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Time will help them fade. Nothing but plastic surgery will make them "disappear".

srm8824
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Mine are still present but much less noticeable. I used Bio Oil every day when I got out of the shower and my skin was still kind of wet. I also used vitamin E oil and took hair/skin vitamins.

AussieArcana
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Emu Oil.

ButterflyLette
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Mederma its kinda expensive but works miracles u can get it at walmart. t
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ladyee
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM

raw african shea butter its waxy in texture and a lil goes a long way mines have faded to the point that i have to be in your face for you to notice

USM0MMY
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I'm surprised. I used Palmer's and it worked wonders! I don't have any stretch marks! How often were you using it?

It says on the container that the ingredients in it will help your skin with elasticity, but that you had to use it for up to 3 times a day to get the desired results lol(:

Quoting cRystienah:

I used the Palmers Cocoa Butter and imo.. It didnt help at all. I pretty much gave up and they have faded over the past couple years. To the point that I really cant see them anymore. I use lots and lots of lotion if that helps? Lol. But now that Im thinking about it, Ive saw several things on Pinterest about it so try looking there. maybe you will be able to find something that works!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN