Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding and menstrual period

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 14 Replies
How long did it take to get your period. I am almost 3 months posparum and no period. When did you get yours??: also I have afeeling that birth control will make you get your period earlier also. What you think
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockin2_manyMOM
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

It varies from woman to woman. I have spoken with women who breastfed and it was a year or more before their period came back. Others it was back within 2 months.

If you get on the pill then most likely your period will come back. The hormones will get your body back onto a regular cycle.

However, other birth controls like depo, impanon or mirana can leave you with no period at all. Or super crazy periods.

I have had a grand total of two periods in over 7 years. Yay for me! LOL Of course, there were two pregnancies in there....

aniters
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
15 months and no period :)
xXVICKYXx
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 PM
12 months and had one verry short and light period a few months back. And that's it so far.
mom2astar
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Did you take birth control

Quoting aniters:

mom2astar
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Did you birth control

Quoting aniters:

eds6619
by Emily on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a week shy of my little one's first birthday!!!  Woohoo...wished it had stayed away lonager. ;)

aniters
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I was on the mini pill for 3 months now we just use condoms.

Quoting mom2astar:

Did you birth control

Quoting aniters:

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I got mine when my LO stopped nursing during the day.

Thirteen years ago, when I had my first, I think I remember them telling me to start looking for it when the feedings drop below ten (but I'm not sure about that).  I know that when I started going more than 10-12 hours without a feeding, then I got mine (and two of the times, I got pregnant right away).

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

PS: IDK about the bc part of it.

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

The pill (or any other form of hormonal bc) doesn't regulate your hormones; it just tells your body when to shed the lining of your uterus.  I have experience with this. :-)
Meaning: it will not "regulate your cycle"; it will just make the bleeding predictable (and prevent you getting pregnant).

Quoting rockin2_manyMOM:

It varies from woman to woman. I have spoken with women who breastfed and it was a year or more before their period came back. Others it was back within 2 months.

If you get on the pill then most likely your period will come back. The hormones will get your body back onto a regular cycle.

However, other birth controls like depo, impanon or mirana can leave you with no period at all. Or super crazy periods.

I have had a grand total of two periods in over 7 years. Yay for me! LOL Of course, there were two pregnancies in there....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)