Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Let's CHAT! 3/20/13

Posted by   + Show Post

Happy Birthday to the Young Moms group!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button below their reply to quote and respond to them!

birthday sweetpea 
Have a great day!!

One member who replies to this post by March 21st at 11pm EST will WIN a CafeMom Onesie or Toddler Tee!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Let's CHAT Giveaway starts 3/20/13 at 12pm (ET) and ends 3/21/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Onesie or Toddler Tee.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 4/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Replies (141-150):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'm so sorry. I was much more miserable with my 2nd than with my 1st, too. Have you looked into getting one of those pregnancy pillows? It's like a big body pillow but it's longer and curves. You use it while sleeping on your side - tuck it under your head and neck on one end, under your belly, and between your legs. It takes the pressure off your spine and really makes a difference.

Quoting lisa8824:

What's on my mind? Sleep!! I'm 20 weeks along and so uncomfortable! I am achy and so tired, this is my second child. I was not this miserable with my first!

lisa8824
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM
That sounds pretty nice! I have a regular body pillow but it hasn't been doing the trick! Lol

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I'm so sorry. I was much more miserable with my 2nd than with my 1st, too. Have you looked into getting one of those pregnancy pillows? It's like a big body pillow but it's longer and curves. You use it while sleeping on your side - tuck it under your head and neck on one end, under your belly, and between your legs. It takes the pressure off your spine and really makes a difference.

Quoting lisa8824:

What's on my mind? Sleep!! I'm 20 weeks along and so uncomfortable! I am achy and so tired, this is my second child. I was not this miserable with my first!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

It is nice, and you can actually lie in a variety of positions with it, but it's not cheap. It's like $80. My mom bought me one with my 2nd and I passed it to my sister who gave it to our other sister, and back again, lol. It holds up really well, though, and you can use it while nursing or bottlefeeding the baby, or just to help support you sitting up in bed holding baby. The one we have is called Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow.

Quoting lisa8824:

That sounds pretty nice! I have a regular body pillow but it hasn't been doing the trick! Lol

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting lisa8824:

shilohsmommy215
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I did the same thing when I was pregnant still. My daughter is two months now and I still get emotional watching other deliveries.

Quoting meganliz11:

Going on a road trip with fiancée. 27 weeks pregnant and already so uncomfortable! Though something that's been bugging me lately is everytime a song on the radio talks about a baby my eyes water. Or when the tv is on and " a baby story" comes on I cry when the babies are born! I'm so emotional! I'd love to talk ladies, feel free to add and message!

Maryloughridge
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Playing blocks with my big boy!!! And working!! Anyone interested in working from home?? Message me and I will fill you in with info on what I do!!! It's very easy! I have two wee ones both under two years and I can do this around them. I love it!!
greentealover18
by Kait on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I feel like poo :( I either have a plugged duct or mastitis. my breast hurts with every movement or the slightest touch, which really sucks because my 5wo has punched & pinched it a million times!! plus I'm all achey & I have the chills.
Snow2217
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Hey everyone I have a 5 year old and a 21 year old and I am home all day long 6 days a week by myself with the kids. Do any of you feel overwhelmed? My 5 yearold rolls his eyes at me and I get so upset with him and then when I give him a time out he looks at me as the devil and my 21 year old is like a ping pog and I feel that I'm parenting wrong and it's frustrating.  How can I relieve my frustrations and how can I have my five year old listen. Like I ask him to do something and by the tenth time I get upset and yell and then he does it. I do not want be like that.   

My fiancé doesn't help on Sundays I'm home and he puts them on me when ever he can and ts annoying bc I have them all day and all night long. I need a break but can't ever get one, I have no money and I feel like I'm just a nanny taking care of them even though I am the mom. Does anyone feel like this ?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM
How cool that this post was made on March 20, my ds was born March 21.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM
21 years or months?

Quoting Snow2217:

Hey everyone I have a 5 year old and a 21 year old and I am home all day long 6 days a week by myself with the kids. Do any of you feel overwhelmed? My 5 yearold rolls his eyes at me and I get so upset with him and then when I give him a time out he looks at me as the devil and my 21 year old is like a ping pog and I feel that I'm parenting wrong and it's frustrating.  How can I relieve my frustrations and how can I have my five year old listen. Like I ask him to do something and by the tenth time I get upset and yell and then he does it. I do not want be like that.   

My fiancé doesn't help on Sundays I'm home and he puts them on me when ever he can and ts annoying bc I have them all day and all night long. I need a break but can't ever get one, I have no money and I feel like I'm just a nanny taking care of them even though I am the mom. Does anyone feel like this ?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Did you get antibiotics?

Quoting greentealover18:

I feel like poo :( I either have a plugged duct or mastitis. my breast hurts with every movement or the slightest touch, which really sucks because my 5wo has punched & pinched it a million times!! plus I'm all achey & I have the chills.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)